RT ESA question

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've looked earlier today at a low spec 17 RT LC that suits me well for lack of bling... One on the short shopping list was ESA and I had it explained that it was really just a ride height adjuster on this bike... I had it on a Hexhead RT and thought it a tad more technical... Is that all it is... Is the Road/Dynamic stuff just a later thing or have I the wrong end of the stick...?

I’ve got a 2016 GS which will have essentially the same ESA setup

Mine has the dynamic pro etc. but I believe the basic ESA has at least the 3 preload settings, solo, with passenger, with passenger & luggage

There are also 3 damping settings, soft, normal and hard which you can select as you wish or just accept the default settings linked to the 3 modes:

Rain, which gives dulled down throttle response and soft damping
Road, which gives normal throttle response and normal damping
Dynamic, which gives sharper throttle response and hard damping

Some folks complain that the dynamic ESA on later bikes doesn’t give you control of the preload as it is automatic

I personally think the 3 selectable preload levels are great, I ride 2 up a lot and often with full luggage so the push button adjustment for me is a god send
I hardly ever change modes though and wouldn’t miss them if I didn’t have them

Hope that helps

Great help thanks... That's what I remember from my Hexhead and BMW bumph seems to back this up... 2017 plate with Dynamic ESA... Like I said it's a low speccer in excellent low mileage nick but with zero negotiation etc which minorly spoils the fun...😁 They have another branch with a higher mileage high speccer but FSh up to date and the 2 year AUB which is a help with toys... Trouble is I feel a lack of patience with my S10 at the mo and am buzzing around NE Scotland having a bit of fun...🤣🤣 When in Rome though...👍

Back
Top Bottom