Ratchet Spanners

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Could do with a small set of Ratchet spanners for the bike if someone could recommend some please.

Cheers Doc.

I bought a set of metric ratchet spanners at ALDI a few years ago, work well enough and were cheap (£10 ish) in one of their offers. I don't know if they still do them as I haven't looked.

I bought a set of metric ratchet spanners at ALDI a few years ago, work well enough and were cheap (£10 ish) in one of their offers. I don't know if they still do them as I haven't looked.

Ok thanks but Metric no good for the Harley.
And erm Aldi.;)

Not cheap, but very, very good and worth the investment. Available in Metric or Imperial and different size sets. The 8 piece set should be pretty much everything you need for a Harley. Apart from the Torx bits (especially a T27), Allen bits and occasional metrics bits you will also need....

Wera Joker ratchet spanners

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-Combination-Ratchet-Imperial-05020012001/dp/B00CS2KHBU?th=1

Thanks Lads.

The problem with ratchet ring spanners is that the head is generally too big to get the spanner onto most motorcycle nuts and bolts.

The problem with ratchet ring spanners is that the head is generally too big to get the spanner onto most motorcycle nuts and bolts.

Agreed and not just motorcycles, I’ve never got on with them.

Very true, and for this reason I've never bothered with them.

Doc, get yersen up to Rufforth auto jumble, first Saturday of every month, you'll find summat there at reasonable prices or get down to Halfords

Doc, get yersen up to Rufforth auto jumble, first Saturday of every month, you'll find summat there at reasonable prices or get down to Halfords

Cheers and a good auto jumble it is too.

Back
Top Bottom