Advice for starting Youtube Vlog with Insta 360 one x2

Big Derek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have recently started a youtube channel and i am intending doing some rides etc whilst using my Insta 360 one x2 camera I have several mounts around the bike etc. My trouble is I truly don't fully understand what i really want or need, but I have a shoei neotec 2 flip and i want to be able to vlog so whilst riding i can be talking etc. I have the sena srl internal coms set fitted which has a boom mic Im trying to get speech to my insta 360 one 2 camera by pairing the helmet as earphones on second mobile phone pairing to the shoei. I have been looking at youtube films with the rode 2 Audi system but it seems overkill for me. Im thinking maybe the insta mic adaptor but then it involves wires .... any help or advice would be great.

Doesn’t the 360 have a standard mic outlet to plug an aftermarket mic into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Record the audio separately with a phone/dedicated recorder and a mic inside your lid. Clap your hands on film to sync the audio and video and then combine them in a video editor later.

This solution means you don't have to feed the audio to the Insta and so frees it up regarding mounting points etc.

It can also be worth recording the exhaust note so you can add it to the mix to make the vlog more interesting.

Why not use footage from the 360 as inlay to you vlog and use a simple secondary helmet camera with mic to your helmet for voice over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or record all your video footage create the video and add the commentary in post production so you dont have to faff with balancing engine note and wind noise - the hardest part of video production is getting clean audio

paper edit would be the first step

what's the story
why has it proved important to share
how have you documented it
where did you go
when obvious to frame the peice in time and space

raise questions ask for input in the comments section

what have you learnt about yourself and others
how will this affect you and others..?

once you've got that written up in short form it'll give you a shot list, with possible VO alternatives

on the edit side cut in late leave the shot early... words are important, action is better.... dull shit is just that dull shit...!

also to use the full potential of 360 video you might need a subscription to a 360 server... or just flat post it to web so it's easier to view and takes less bandwidth... the webis is more of less 720p which the camera must be able to provide

There is so many people doing this.
What are you going to provide which is different?

I see username Kate is giving up her day job and going full time with you tube, must be paying well:D
Most of her videos are boring imho. That said I do admire her following her dream.

There is so many people doing this.
What are you going to provide which is different?

if your aim is a self funding hobby, or your trying to make a buck out of it.... then you'd need a USP a hook or something..... some folks just wanna make something.... it can be a hobby/ slash creative outlet....

if the story is good, the filming can be bad, if the story is bad don't matter how good your filming is... cos a turd dressed in silk is still a turd...

was it snoopy on here who did the whole filming his trip to Morrocco... and it was ace... search for ford king, everytime I see that I really want him to not get stuck.... but he does...!

Back
Top Bottom