To the R9t collective

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, not a R9t owner yet, been a gs1200 owner for a long while but I'm thinking of building a r9t for rallying instead of my GS. So which is the best value r9t to use? I will be changing to a larger tank so colour and looks aren't so important. Will want wire wheels and do any have traction control or switchable abs? I'll be raising the ride height as well if I do go through with this. Thanks in advance.

Why not talk to Mikeboy on here. He has specials set up for rallying going through sometimes. Im sure I saw one recently . Not R9ts but well sorted bikes

Steve

There is an R nine t forum. There are lengthy threads on there describing the steps various members have taken to prepare Rninet’s for rallying and overlanding. Before the pandemic several German companies had done exactly as you’ve described. As and when I can recall who they were I’ll add details to this thread. There are spy shots of a factory BMW R90 with 21” front wheel and greater suspension travel. It might be worth waiting for.

There is an R nine t forum. There are lengthy threads on there describing the steps various members have taken to prepare Rninet’s for rallying and overlanding. Before the pandemic several German companies had done exactly as you’ve described. As and when I can recall who they were I’ll add details to this thread. There are spy shots of a factory BMW R90 with 21” front wheel and greater suspension travel. It might be worth waiting for.

Do you have a link to that?

Thank you. As much as I admire Mikey boys work I like building stuff myself. Just wanted to see which one would be the best platform to build on. The bike will be used for travelling as well as rallys.

Back
Top Bottom