ABS modulator electric motor replacement compatibility

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The electric motor on my ABS module packed up again. It was disassembled and re-fitted a few years ago.

I was considering replacing it with another used unit this time.

From what I know Ford parts CV21 or AV59 are compatible.
I found quite a few on eBay and also these mounted on BMW cars: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17504821...rentrq:91989c5217e0ab8ff6f3a25ffff1ddf0|iid:1

Both ATE.
The Ford ones (AV59) have part number: 10.0212-0755
These ATE mounted on BMW pumps have part number: 10.0212-0930

They look fairly identical, but you never know.

Is there a compatibility chart somewhere?

I had a look back and found my old post on this, it dosent fully answer your question but this is what worked for me:

The ABS unit was from ebay, search for Ford Fiesta ABS Pump Mk9 2013 2015 CV21-2C405-EA. cost about £45
The bearing came from simplybearings.co.uk -Extreme-Electric-Motor-Quality-Rubber-Sealed-Deep-Groove-Ball-Bearing-10x26x8mm and was £3.38. inc vat.
The puller I ordered from ebay. its on the way from Hong Kong. In the meantime I borrowed a windsceen wiper arm/ battery terminal puller which did the job perfectly Just make sure it closes up to less than 26mm. You have to cut some grooves in the outer part of the bearing for the puller to grip as you cant get behind the bearing, use a dremmel or similar for this.

In summary, I think I could have just swapped the motor but decided to just swap the brush assembly as the eccentricity of the Ford motor is different to the BMWs. Mine has been running for several years now, and probably about 40K miles.

From what I understood the CV21 motors were the same as BMW?

I ended up buying the BMW controller linked above.
The motor seems exactly the same (eccentric too) with the one mounted on the GS.
I swapped them last weekend. The error code seems gone, but I still have to test if everything actually works. Coming weekend.

you are missing why its got this specific design feature - nothing on German vehicles is designed incorrectly - if it wasn't eccentric the brush guides wouldn't gum up and cause the failure correctly

they spend an awful lot of money trying to destroy the planet making a little extra profit

These ATE mounted on BMW pumps have part number: 10.0212-0930

I put everything back together and the electric motor listed above seems to work.

No low voltage errors in diagnostic.
I was able to bleed front and back brakes via the ABD service functions.
No ABS error.
I tried to lock the rear wheel and the ABS kicks in correctly.

I had a look back and found my old post on this, it dosent fully answer your question but this is what worked for me:

The ABS unit was from ebay, search for Ford Fiesta ABS Pump Mk9 2013 2015 CV21-2C405-EA. cost about £45
The bearing came from simplybearings.co.uk -Extreme-Electric-Motor-Quality-Rubber-Sealed-Deep-Groove-Ball-Bearing-10x26x8mm and was £3.38. inc vat.
The puller I ordered from ebay. its on the way from Hong Kong. In the meantime I borrowed a windsceen wiper arm/ battery terminal puller which did the job perfectly Just make sure it closes up to less than 26mm. You have to cut some grooves in the outer part of the bearing for the puller to grip as you cant get behind the bearing, use a dremmel or similar for this.

In summary, I think I could have just swapped the motor but decided to just swap the brush assembly as the eccentricity of the Ford motor is different to the BMWs. Mine has been running for several years now, and probably about 40K miles.

what bike was this for?

never checked if compatible - but I gather VAG do an ABS repair kit - to fix the very same designed in at birth elecy motor fake faults

you are missing why its got this specific design feature - nothing on German vehicles is designed incorrectly - if it wasn't eccentric the brush guides wouldn't gum up and cause the failure correctly

they spend an awful lot of money trying to destroy the planet making a little extra profit

never checked if compatible - but I gather VAG do an ABS repair kit - to fix the very same designed in at birth elecy motor fake faults

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
Hanlon’s Razor

Back
Top Bottom