Tubeless conversion

No experience of Central but the Rally Raid wheels on my CB500X were converted to tubeless using a similar system from BARTubeless in Italy. Worked 100%...

An alternative system is ‘Tubliss’, and many love it, but apparently it’s not DOT approved and there is debate re if road legal , or not.
I do not know the answer and I do not know if the system that you list is similar .
So, not an answer but at least it gives you something g to think about

Do your wheels have the safety hump for tubeless tyres? It's a requirement of the airtight system, I can't think why any spoked wheel would have that hump.

Do your wheels have the safety hump for tubeless tyres? It's a requirement of the airtight system, I can't think why any spoked wheel would have that hump.

The Taiwanese company Raiken make them but the diy option works at a fraction of the cost if you don’t intend deliberately lowering the pressures

https://youtu.be/JPzoqi_4X7o

Airtight tubeless conversion Central Wheels

Hello
I have the conversion on my T700 but with Excel rims.Yamaha front rim not safe to convert.
They have been ok ,no pressure loss.
When converting just check you have the safety lips on each wheel. rim.
Harry Bradley was the contact ,good to deal with.:thumb2

An alternative system is ‘Tubliss’, and many love it, but apparently it’s not DOT approved and there is debate re if road legal , or not.
I do not know the answer and I do not know if the system that you list is similar .
So, not an answer but at least it gives you something g to think about

AFAIK Tubliss only comes in 21" and 18" wheel sizes and only in narrow rim width. Rear 18" is up to 2.15" width. Not sure about the front.

Had plenty of 21" & 18" wheelsets done by Central Wheels for the CRF1000 Africa Twins - with no issues since they introduced them about 5 years ago, and no warranty claims. :thumb2

As long as you have the tubeless retainer profile on your rims (usually the rear will already have it, but the narrower front won't) then you're good to go. If not Central can lace a rim of your choice to your existing hub.:D

It's pretty much the same system that BarTubeless in Italy use, except that whereas the BarTubeless system uses a wet (steam) cure for their polymer bands, Central Wheels use a dry cure in their powdercoat ovens.

Benefits of this is that delivery turnaround is much quicker, and you're not relying on packaging & shipping from Italy with a set of pristine rims (DAMHIK!!:mad:).

We also had a few issues with the BarTubeless wet curing seemed to speed up the process of discolouration on the spoke nipples after a few months ) on early CRF's - over and above the spoke issues that Honda had.:blast

Very much recommend, and Central are a decent company to deal with.:):thumb2

Back
Top Bottom