What’s next for the 1250GS

Budweiser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been offered a great deal on a new 1250GS Triple Black TE but am reluctant to trade my current bike (2019 1250GS TE) in case an updated model is due within the next year or so? The benefits for changing now would be a new 3 year warranty, heated seats and LED lights etc.

So is a new updated model due soon and if so what are likely to be the upgrades, ACC, Rear radar, 10” TFT, More power etc.

Thoughts please.

According to boxerlust/boxafrogs) there will DEFINITELY be a r1300gs with m sport engine, 17 inch wheels, central 916 style exhaust, 200bhp plus….

But then again I have heard a lot of sh!te being spoken about bikes that are definitely “coming soon…”

If you are happy with your 2019 gs (I’m keeping mine… te exclusive), and it’s not giving you any problems, keep it, and use the money saved to enjoy it…
Or is it on PCP and due a replacement.?

Ride safe

I'd need to find the post again, but there's a very well known internet bod who has fully evidenced that he has the inside track on BMW releases - been proven over many years. All I can recall is that the 1300 will be released in May 23, will have rear radar, will retain the telelever, will retain separate systems for tft and satnav (will not be a 10.4 RT style dash), and will have auto-lowering like the HD. More importantly, I expect, it will be a whole new chassis and, hopefully will be significantly lighter. Complete re-style as well I guess.

I bought the first of the 1250TBs in late Oct 20 because I was convinced of the upgrade over the 1200, notably the engine but also some of the nice-to-haves. But that was with a 30 mth gap in waiting for the new bike. With a new bike here in 15 months, I'd be inclined to hold on, but it really depends on the deal. Remember, whatever deals are available as we get towards the new release, the price will be reflected in the trade-in/resale, as it will be the older model. You'd take quite a hit to then move up to the 1300.

Stick for one more summer, I'd say.

Of course, if you are coming to the end of a PCP, then paying the balloon might not be an attractive offer on the current bike, in which case, why not try get a 2-3 PCP deal on a TB.

100th Anniversary for me

2023 here for me too but, as posted before, hoping for the 100th Anniversary (of the boxer engine) GSA last of the 1250's. Hope its like they did for the 90th anniversary in 2013. Nice paint scheme and a little badge LOL

Here's hoping :nenau
TD

I’ve been offered a great deal on a new 1250GS Triple Black TE but am reluctant to trade my current bike (2019 1250GS TE) in case an updated model is due within the next year or so? The benefits for changing now would be a new 3 year warranty, heated seats and LED lights etc.

So is a new updated model due soon and if so what are likely to be the upgrades, ACC, Rear radar, 10” TFT, More power etc.

Thoughts please.

I too have a 2019 R1250GS TE Exclusive and have been wondering the same as to whether to trade or not - however I've decided not, my 1250 ticks all the boxes I need right now, the only thing that may possibly have convinced me is the heated seat option, however, having fitted a Wunderlich heated seat to mine, I feel it has all the tech and comfort it needs right now, so will wait another year or so before trading.

I'd need to find the post again, but there's a very well known internet bod who has fully evidenced that he has the inside track on BMW releases - been proven over many years. All I can recall is that the 1300 will be released in May 23, will have rear radar, will retain the telelever, will retain separate systems for tft and satnav (will not be a 10.4 RT style dash), and will have auto-lowering like the HD. More importantly, I expect, it will be a whole new chassis and, hopefully will be significantly lighter. Complete re-style as well I guess.

I bought the first of the 1250TBs in late Oct 20 because I was convinced of the upgrade over the 1200, notably the engine but also some of the nice-to-haves. But that was with a 30 mth gap in waiting for the new bike. With a new bike here in 15 months, I'd be inclined to hold on, but it really depends on the deal. Remember, whatever deals are available as we get towards the new release, the price will be reflected in the trade-in/resale, as it will be the older model. You'd take quite a hit to then move up to the 1300.

Of course, if you are coming to the end of a PCP, then paying the balloon might not be an attractive offer on the current bike, in which case, why not try get a 2-3 PCP deal on a TB.
your certainly right on some of them, deffo wrong on a couple of bits ;)

If it's a great deal go for it. You'll have a brand new bike with 3 yr warranty and better gsap\gearbox (based on my experience going from a 2018 1250 gs te). IF a 1300 does come out, and it is something you'd want, your 2022 will still be worth more than your 2019. Does a GS need 1300cc ?? . If its an M model they'll probably be another £10,000 And have fancy stripes:) .
Heated seats are more comfortable , not just because of the heating but just more comfortable!. Cornering headlight is a bit of a novelty but may be a benefit if you do a lot of country riding in the dark.

May 23 for the 1300cc you say. Perfect, my 21 GSA will be ready for a refresh that month, with a year still left on the warranty. Hope the seat fittings remain the same so I can move my RDL across ;-)

Like you looked at deals on my R1250GSA . Mine is low milage so not worth trading for a new one . Not at £190 a month for 4 years . I have only done a PCP once for this bike and I don't think I will ever do it again . I will settle the PCP in May and then its mine

There is a view that wait at least a year to buy a new model.....it will, likely, be cheaper and, maybe, sorted technically and mechanically.

Any bike purchased new will take a BIG hit, there is 25% vat for a start, but one with a warranty will sell better so maybe buy the BMW extended warranty on your current bike, much cheaper than depreciation on a new purchase.

Any bike purchased new will take a BIG hit, there is 25% vat for a start, but one with a warranty will sell better so maybe buy the BMW extended warranty on your current bike, much cheaper than depreciation on a new purchase.

The VAT is 20%. But you don't automatically 20% of it's value once it's left the showroom.

The VAT is 20%. But you don't automatically 20% of it's value once it's left the showroom.

Drive me nuts that old internet misconception, and it never seems to be applied to anything else that we buy, just motor vehicles. Simply facts are that buyers will always discount a used vehicle, no matter if one day old (even only if because it now has 2 owners), and they want a percentage discount for that, and which is entirely unrelated to VAT paid - that's built into the price of the bike vs the market demand.

I think the bike needs the upgrade as as much as I wanted to stay with the Gs 1250 I just could not warrant getting another 1250 that is why I went to Ducati with the V4 Multi , great handling and a fantastic engine. The Gs needs more to tempt riders like me. the Gs is a brilliant chassis and a great package and could handle a 1300 no problem , I just needed more . May come back after 2024 / 2025 when they have got one sorted , until then the V4 works for me and the next few years should be fun.

I think the bike needs the upgrade as as much as I wanted to stay with the Gs 1250 I just could not warrant getting another 1250 that is why I went to Ducati with the V4 Multi , great handling and a fantastic engine. The Gs needs more to tempt riders like me. the Gs is a brilliant chassis and a great package and could handle a 1300 no problem , I just needed more . May come back after 2024 / 2025 when they have got one sorted , until then the V4 works for me and the next few years should be fun.

The main thing it lacks is quality build

The main thing it lacks is quality build

I presume your on about the Gs , the V4 is great , but saying that I had no issues with the 1250 at all , no corrosion , no rattles , just wore out tyres and ownership was a pleasure.

I presume your on about the Gs , the V4 is great , but saying that I had no issues with the 1250 at all , no corrosion , no rattles , just wore out tyres and ownership was a pleasure.

Yes, I was referring to the GS. Ive had 4 of them, 2 where LC 1200's and a 1250. All had significant reliability issues. In fact the 1250 broke down in Austria at only 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom