What’s next for the 1250GS

If you can afford it, do the deal. It will make you feel good.

Aint no guarantees of a tomorrow for any of us.

Got a 1200lc 2013. Stick to it.
Next move will be an electronic adventure bike. The rest is loss of money.

Adventure and electric seems a strange combination and to be honest at the moment and for many many years a dream . Electric is for the city , commuting . Adventure needs fuel , especially when some areas even struggle for regular fuel stations I cant see charging points being put in. In my area in the Uk charging points for a ride into Wales would be impossible.

Let’s be honest here…. Your RTW / Adventure motorcyclist does not use a £20k BMW/Ducati do they… they ride older machines - cheaper… they are not vanity lead purchases they do not need or want the latest and greatest.

Electric “Adventure” bikes will be used for city’s …commuting … coffee stops…..etc

Let’s be honest here…. Your RTW / Adventure motorcyclist does not use a £20k BMW/Ducati do they… they ride older machines - cheaper… they are not vanity lead purchases they do not need or want the latest and greatest.

Electric “Adventure” bikes will be used for city’s …commuting … coffee stops…..etc[/QUOTE
If I went round the world I would indeed use a simpler bike , older but new as possible to gain the best relieabilty , but the vanity thing with the £20 K plus bikes is luxury some can afford and wish to enjoy . 2 week trips in Europe are as far as I go with the Adventure Bike ,traveling in a hot dusty land does not do it for me , I like mountains , not too much heat , nice hotels and good roads . The new PP V4 will suit me even more hence the change from the 1250 gs . Off road I have the KTM.

Back
Top Bottom