Kurviger to Basecamp problem

Just had a quick look and i see an issue in this pic, cant say if its on purpose or not maybe the op can tell.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 35
I’m with you there Lee.

The strange thing is that your PC is creating the route in about 5 seconds. My large Mac is taking minutes and crashing.

One thing I did notice is that the viapoints are arranged (at least on my Mac) alphabetically. BaseCamp joins them up in the alphabetical sequence, which is not the sequence the points appear in the route itself. I guess the software is joining them up but then having to undo (and remember) pieces in order to stitch them back up again. No wonder the poor thing crashes.

Anyway, it still doesn’t make a lot of sense why something works on a PC but not on a Mac…. And confirms my natural bias against mixing softwares, though I am getting to love MyRoute.

I am having one last go. BaseCamp is still churning and hasn’t yet crashed….. it’s been over five minutes to do what took you five seconds.

Glad to see you are enjoying the MRA Richard, i will plod along with garmin basecamp for the time being, not knocking MRA in anyway but until i find basecamp of no use or MRA does something a whole lot better for me i will stick wit6h basecamp.

I am having one last go. BaseCamp is still churning and hasn’t yet crashed….. it’s been over five minutes to do what took you five seconds.

It crashed!

Glad to see you are enjoying the MRA Richard, i will plod along with garmin basecamp for the time being, not knocking MRA in anyway but until i find basecamp of no use or MRA does something a whole lot better for me i will stick wit6h basecamp.

I still don't quite trust it.

its a bit strange that a mac should be any different to a pc when doing something as simple as calculating a route, or re calculating it i cant see a reason for it.
I completely agree with not mixing software from different sources its a hiding to nothing, its bad enough working with gpx route's that someone else has created using the same software let alone totally different software.

I note that all the points (bar a few that have an arrival time) in the OP's file are marked as "Wont Alert".
Double click on a point and a sub window opens where you can select the profile.
Selecting a profile starts the recalculation. Takes 4-5 mins.

Altering the profile to car as you say from bike to car took about 12 seconds and gave a very different route using my settings for car, as you can see in the picture.

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 33
Hi

Any strange waypoints or anomalies are purely unintentional. All I started out to do was plot a very basic circuitous route for our summer trip, Putin permitting.

I noticed the waypoints were in alphabetical order, which I don’t think I’ve seen before.

As previously stated, splitting the entire route into manageable day sections solved the problem.

Opened the file with Tyre and it displayed perfectly, no messing!

That’s more than likely, as Tyre was the earlier version of MyRoute. Unfortunately, the thread is about the challenges of getting a MyRoute route into BaseCamp and, more particularly, about getting it into BaseCamp running on a Mac.

There is something very odd happening when a MyRoute route is exported using the ‘Save as’ button from MyRoute into BaseCamp on a Mac.

A track exports perfectly.

The route, whether that be in 1.1 or 1.2 does not or at least I’m struggling with it.

This is a tad annoying, as I like to check things in BaseCamp, as at least I know pretty well how that works. I don’t, because I haven’t used it much out on the road, quite trust it yet. That’ll hopefully change as I like much of the rest of the package.

It’s quite possible that, as a MyRoute virgin, I am doing something very simple wrong but it’s got me stumped at the moment.

I am guessing that maybe the reason is as simple as MyRoute is designed to go straight into devices (whether that be phones or a gps device device) rather than being bounced through BaseCamp on a Mac. Hey ho, we’ll see where doing some more work takes me….. literally.

its a bit strange that a mac should be any different to a pc when doing something as simple as calculating a route, or re calculating it i cant see a reason for it.
I completely agree with not mixing software from different sources its a hiding to nothing, its bad enough working with gpx route's that someone else has created using the same software let alone totally different software.

I agree with you, Lee.

A .GPX route should be a .GPX route, which (leaving aside some differences in the maps) should just flip across. Similarly, route conversion from a track into a route and from one form of route (changing the profile) into another should be quick. But we know, from this forum and from our own investigations that it’s sometimes not the case.

BaseCamp has become a bit flakey on a Mac, starting about a year or so ago. It’s odd as used to be really stable and very reliable. Some things, even very simple A to B route creation, where B is only a mile or so from A, can sometimes be very slow. Other things work in a fraction of a second.

It’s one of the reasons I am trying to get confident with MyRoute and sufficiently so that I can be sure that a bespoke route I create in MyRoute will run whether that be on an XT, a Nav V or in the Drive and Connect app’s. When I am sure it does and / or I can be sure how to fix it on the move if it doesn’t, I can maybe close BaseCamp down. A love affair of over 30 years will be over. But it ain’t over yet.

I agree with you, Lee.

A .GPX route should be a .GPX route, which (leaving aside some differences in the maps) should just flip across. Similarly, route conversion from a track into a route and from one form of route (changing the profile) into another should be quick. But we know, from this forum and from our own investigations that it’s sometimes not the case.

BaseCamp has become a bit flakey on a Mac, starting about a year or so ago. It’s odd as used to be really stable and very reliable. Some things, even very simple A to B route creation, where B is only a mile or so from A, can sometimes be very slow. Other things work in a fraction of a second.

It’s one of the reasons I am trying to get confident with MyRoute and sufficiently so that I can be sure that a bespoke route I create in MyRoute will run whether that be on an XT, a Nav V or in the Drive and Connect app’s. When I am sure it does and / or I can be sure how to fix it on the move if it doesn’t, I can maybe close BaseCamp down. A love affair of over 30 years will be over. But it ain’t over yet.

Richard throw me a MRA route that goes bonkers when imported into basecamp using a mac and lets see if it does it on a pc

Back
Top Bottom