Battery dead - please confirm replacement

Thanks for the replies everyone, really appreciate it. After the almost-failed-to-start episode last Sunday I've left the bike off charger expecting it to be dead, but last night she turned over no problems at all. Most peculiar. I'll give her a good shakedown ride this weekend and will keep the bike trailer on standby just in case, though part of me thinks that at seven years old the battery probably wants replacing anyway, especially if I ever plan to take her across again on the ferry.

With that, thanks for all the feedback and recommendations. ����

If have alarm on bike must disable on ferry save battery and problem noise, also tracker will feel ferry move so will drain battery also

I fitted an Odyssey to my first GS - IMO it was overpriced, it lasted 4 years.

I have fitted Motobatt to all my other bikes since..... Same performance, same life, way better value. I also buy from Tayna, good service every time.

2014 GSA TE LC
My old OEM Yuasa lasted 9 years (2014 til present )
Yuasa YTZ14S OEM to my bike current price Tayna £107 incl delivery
Capacity (10-hour) 11.2Ah
Capacity (20-hour) 11.8Ah
CCA @ -18°C 230A
Mean weight with acid 3.9Kg
This is a small battery and was OEM fitted with a polystyrene platform, to raise it.
(The platform is easily removed)

March 2023 I fitted:
Yuasa YTX14H-BS Tanya £86 incl delivery
Capacity (10-hour) 12Ah
Capacity (20-hour) 12.6Ah
CCA @ -18°C 240A
Mean weight with acid 4.8Kg
This is a larger battery, in height only, and requires removal of the polystyrene raising platform
It is heavier, but has the advantage of higher Ah and also higher CCA and is cheaper.

I've heard it said, on here, that "the battery is only needed for starting so go for the best CCA"
(OK a bit simplistic, but you understand what is meant )
Perfect fit once the polystyrene platform is removed.

Back
Top Bottom