Mojacar Andalucia southern Spain

Tonyplod

Reaction score
I have had a place here for about 4 years, but recently have retired here, I must say that the area has some of the best biking roads in Europe, and all year round great weather.
So my reason for this post was to say if any of you guys decide on visiting the region, give me a shout and i will advise you on best roads etc, or even meet up and show you around.
Cheers Tony

Thanks Tony, have ridden in the area before, but may well take you up on the offer some time in the future. John.

Have you heard of the Mojacar Touring Club?

It was a motorcycle club founded by Craven (of Craven panniers) to make an annual pilgrimage to Mojacar on their bikes

Hi Tony,
Love Mojacar, in fact, myself and my better half have to go to our bank there this morning. We usually have a coffee and tostado in Paneas Mojacar, in the little shopping mall just off the roundabout, muy bueno !
We have a little place about 45 mins north of you, near Taberno, in the hills about 5K above Albox. We're flying home tomorrow (just as the weather improves) but I'm here for a week early April, then again with the bike, for most of May. Perhaps we could meet up at some point for a Rideout.
Cheers,
Chris

Hi Tony ,
Myself and a friend are coming down off the santander ferry on the 25th August and will be around Baza/ zujar for a couple of days (im selling a house ) Then over a week to play.

I was thinking of heading up the coast into Valencia , Benidorm and further east eventually either into france and North back towards Santander for the 7th or 8th sept.
We have nothing booked so could use some pointers if you know of better routes

I've always fancied riding to Mo ja car, since reading about Ken Craven's trips there in Motorcycle Sport in the late 70's.

Hi Tony ,
Myself and a friend are coming down off the santander ferry on the 25th August and will be around Baza/ zujar for a couple of days (im selling a house ) Then over a week to play.

I was thinking of heading up the coast into Valencia , Benidorm and further east eventually either into france and North back towards Santander for the 7th or 8th sept.
We have nothing booked so could use some pointers if you know of better routes

Let me know how many days you have in and around Andalusia and I will put some routes together for you, unfortunately on those dates I will be in the UK, otherwise I would have taken you out.

It would be great if could share your suggested routes with the wider forum, too.

Thanks mate much appreciated,

No use hammering it down in 24 hours from the ferry to be stuck for the weekend waiting on banks and everthing else to open.
We thought it would be off the ferry on the thursday and a leisurely trip south. gettiing there Monday.
Ive only done the direct routes fastest in the past and missed a lot . Santander , Burgos, Madrid,stopping in Ocana first night in country ,
Ocana down to zujar. hopefully it will be two days max to sort the private stuff out and then 7 days play time .

Back
Top Bottom