The New BMW Rallye Pro Jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else purchased this new jacket. I wanted a new Rallye, and although half the price, I chose to go for this. I've worn it once. And I like it. It feels more comfortable. And the construction is better. One difference is the waterproof layer is now worn externally. And that jacket is a decent jacket on its own. I also have the two litre bladder fitted, which is unnoticeable and uses a set of braces fixed internally to take the weight. The ventilation apparently has a high tech vein system. With vents all over, particularly above each shoulder.
Anyone have any experience with it ?
Not one review on Youtube !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,602
  • jbhugiv.jpg
    jbhugiv.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,103
I too have just gone for one of these as wanted a more subtle look over the standard Rallye jacket. Haven't tried it out yet but looks great and the quality is superb. As you say, the waterproof outer is a good jacket in its own right. I reckon an existing goretex liner from an old Santiago jacket will work a treat inside it too.

Found this on youtube https://youtu.be/B6Jbgimpc5w

I too have just gone for one of these as wanted a more subtle look over the standard Rallye jacket. Haven't tried it out yet but looks great and the quality is superb. As you say, the waterproof outer is a good jacket in its own right. I reckon an existing goretex liner from an old Santiago jacket will work a treat inside it too.

Found this on youtube https://youtu.be/B6Jbgimpc5w

Cheers for the link.
I did look at the Klime Badlands. Glad I went with this jacket now. A good thing is that there doesn't seem to many about. Ill post again here a years time to see how its performed.

Cheers for the link.
I did look at the Klime Badlands. Glad I went with this jacket now. A good thing is that there doesn't seem to many about. Ill post again here a years time to see how its performed.

To be fair, it's no Badlands though.

BMW make decent stuff for sure, but it's 2022 and you still need to stop and add a layer when it rains. That said, comparing it to the Rallye at twice the price, it is good kit.

Id never use a jacket that has a laminated layer. That's missing the point. You need to be able to remove that layer, and with the BMW rallye you can.

I just explained it above.
In the different climates I ride. The Rallye jacket (any variant) has a removable waterproof/windproof liner. This liner can be removed when in hotter climates. And give the ventilation I require. A laminated suite can not do that. It gives a much wider margin for all climates. I've ridden deserts and Snow blizzards all with the same jacket.
Versatility !

I just explained it above.
In the different climates I ride. The Rallye jacket (any variant) has a removable waterproof/windproof liner. This liner can be removed when in hotter climates. And give the ventilation I require. A laminated suite can not do that. It gives a much wider margin for all climates. I've ridden deserts and Snow blizzards all with the same jacket.
Versatility !

Fair enough.

I've done some pretty extreme variations in a Badlands and can't say I had a problem, but am relatively fit, which can make a difference to how heat/cold can affect you - not saying you're not by the way! Laminated seems to only cause issue in hot climates for some.

I sold the Badlands as it just got a little bit tight and bought a Carlsbad, which is basically a half price Badlands, but close to it in quality. The price I got for the 5 year old Badlands covered the new Carlsbad.

Had a few generations of Rallye suits too and conclude they're nowhere near Klim in any aspect, apart from being able to cool easier, but only for some.

That said, your jacket looks great value.

It was just shy of a grand. Have you worn or even seen the new rallye pro ? Not the 500 quid ones. This £1000 one ?
I learnt my layering rules through my army career. And yes, I'm fit. Its basic. Layer up. Layer down.
It's important for my suit to do that.

It was just shy of a grand. Have you worn or even seen the new rallye pro ? Not the 500 quid ones. This £1000 one ?
I learnt my layering rules through my army career. And yes, I'm fit. Its basic. Layer up. Layer down.
It's important for my suit to do that.

Yes, my own former army career allows me a 30% discount from Klim - can't believe we're introducing the buddy system to discuss a bike suit ffs :D

No, not seen it. My simple point is, stopping on a motorcycle to make it waterproof/cool down is not the best solution, whoever makes it.

I'm not rubbishing your purchase, but it shouldn't be used in the same paragraph as Klim.

So your judging it although you know nothing about it ?
That's about right for here lol
It's a personal thing, so whatever works for you is good.

So your judging it although you know nothing about it ?
That's about right for here lol
It's a personal thing, so whatever works for you is good.

What is also right for hear is selective reading.

A suit requiring the addition of another layer, inside or outside is not like for like convenient with one which doesn't.

Agree, whichever works for you is good, but I'd keep the labels on and take it back to 1992 :D

I'm out.

You add and remove layers. Which is a bonus. You can do that with the Klime.

You add and remove layers. Which is a bonus. You can do that with the Klime.

I think it boils down to personal choice, I for example would agree with craigholt, I have a Rukka (Armaxion I think) which is good for 3 seasons, I recently sold my Rallye Pro suit as I found the Goretex liner when needed a real FAF, great suit though otherwise, I bought for summer use a Rukka Rimo R jacket which is lightweight 2 layer goretex laminate with plenty of vents for summer use, most importantly its waterproof..

I think it boils down to personal choice, I for example would agree with craigholt, I have a Rukka (Armaxion I think) which is good for 3 seasons, I recently sold my Rallye Pro suit as I found the Goretex liner when needed a real FAF, great suit though otherwise, I bought for summer use a Rukka Rimo R jacket which is lightweight 2 layer goretex laminate with plenty of vents for summer use, most importantly its waterproof..

Yes, It is a personal choice.
I bought a Rukka Amrx, sold it, as it was only great in cold weather. Anything mild it was horrendous.
This isnt a rallye Pro jacket that you had, This is a completely new jacket, Costing around a grand. Very different from the regular Rallye, So if you have any experience with this new one I'm all ears !

Yes, It is a personal choice.
I bought a Rukka Amrx, sold it, as it was only great in cold weather. Anything mild it was horrendous.
This isnt a rallye Pro jacket that you had, This is a completely new jacket, Costing around a grand. Very different from the regular Rallye, So if you have any experience with this new one I'm all ears !

no sorry, looks a lovely jacket though, good health to wear it.

Oh. But you're giving input about this jacket ?
Bit strange. I only have an opinion on something I have knowledge and or experience ?
Silly old me.

Layer up. Layer down.

^^^^With the first generation Ralley I never used the inner Gore. I used the "BMW Motorrad Klima Komfort Gore-Tex Riding Jacket and Trousers" over the jacket and trousers. Still have the kit and use it over leathers. I see BMW started including spares. When BM Reading closed down Tim gave me a bag of spares :green gri
Is black the only colour?

Oh. But you're giving input about this jacket ?
Bit strange. I only have an opinion on something I have knowledge and or experience ?
Silly old me.

You're posts are quite odd.

People, me included are only discussing other available options, which you yourself raised. I think they call it comparison and others reading may take something from that, who knows? But I assume you are looking to fawn over your new jacket.

You've bought it - so what do opinions from others matter, but if you're after one, I'd take it back.

You, as others may too. Misunderstand.
Allow me to explain.
I've posted an item here to see if anyone else has it. The reason was for feedback.
I then recieve messages from people that tell me "it's no klime" who havnt any idea about this new jacket.
Yes. That is rather irritating.
Please..... only give input if its relevant. OR you have some knowledge of the subject matter. It's not rocket science.
Hope that help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom