North of Spain Rally - Club Indianos Sep 22

After an enjoyable Colombres Rally last year I'm booked on the NOS rally 27 Sep - 2 Oct 22.

Bikes must be registered before 1988.

Anyone else booked/seriously thinking about it?

Oh! Was just thinking this might be fun on my outfit. R80 Mono 1989 :blast :tears

Val.

A little bump. With the way the ferries are running (they aren't daily) and their cost (eye-watering), and the fact I will probably have the time, I'm planning at the moment to ride the bike down through France for a few days prior to and probably back again (although reserve the right to take the ferry back).

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 207
Brittany Ferries are very expensive as they pretty much have a monopoly to Spain. :mad: But, I don't think there's a lot of savings to be had riding from Calais to La Franca, particularly if you want to avoid long riding days, motorways and a boring route. If I had a few extra days to spare I'd much prefer to catch an earlier ferry, and spend those days riding in the Picos or the Pyrenees rather than trudging across France.

Booked the Ferries!

Well, I've booked Poole-Cherbourg 23 Sep and have 4 days riding down through France (Day 1 90 miles, then 150-225 miles a day after that on the rural roads) and I'm planning to come back via Bilbao on 4th Oct. I thank Daffy for his discount code.

So if anyone wants to join me (3 places left in the cabin on way back), here are the details....

Attachments

• NOS Route - Ferry.jpg
    NOS Route - Ferry.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 157
]Booked the Ferries[/

Hi,

did you travel ? if so how did you get on please ?

]Booked the Ferries[/

Hi,

did you travel ? if so how did you get on please ?
Sorry, a bit late in responding! Short version: I did ride all the way and had a fab time on the NOS rally. This included re-timing the bike at the side of the road when the ignition hall sensor decided to come loose, and a brake issue which got sorted enough to complete the trip. I signed up to do the Colombres Rally in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom