Irish Photo Rally 2022

Hoping to do this next week. I’ve been able to import the ulster points via the ulster site. They are happily in scenic but I can’t seem to get the photo rally ones to load?

I’m using this link:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/irishphotorallyentries/GPX/2022.gpx

This right?

Edit

I’m grand

f33328f1c47c0d3d6a552b9bcd2212a8.png

And epic fail without even starting - putting sat nav wire on battery - unscrewed terminal and promptly dropped the spacer

FACEPALM

Luckily I'd brought power bank car starter with me and used the leads to clamp wire to terminal

In 300 miles after help from the passportless wan almost had it ( massive props for not losing it cos it was very fiddly and we also disappeared some fresh fixings ( it was close)

This is why I semi bodged it at 0630 this morning

Nice things forthcoming for him soon :)

Was gonna go Helens bay but decided I needed breakfast so went the wrong way to dundonald and ended up in Bangor :D

After a nice tea headed for comber then did this

7Xreyde.jpg

Evp1bGd.jpg

GvpWfy1.jpg

Hey why not

[John McClane] this keeps happening [McClane]

Q7AXqvi.jpg

0sHH43b.jpg

After help and that from the nice man from Kildare this happened

12. Ceatharlach/Cill Chainnigh

M9v4E98.jpg

mqB2N77.jpg

So headed for the Waterford point but this must have had a free cake sign attached as I turned up here

ZEmCPOu.jpg

I've no idea if I shoulda headed for new Ross in stead of ballyhack but I don't do this corner much I didn't know very glad they took cards - Lough foyle and carlingford all run by same lot ??
11. Loch Garman

hSLFuQd.jpg

Pile of aul scrap and a boat etc

17. Port Láirge
B8T9mRk.jpg

ttq802N.jpg

So much sand............

Corcaigh and Tiobraid Arann tomorrow

yIG98tx.jpg

Bike having rest - in cashel now :D

16 DONE

16. Tiobraid Arann

cWmQbAT.jpeg

d03MboI.jpeg

Yer man there as I arrived was heading to Waterford after that then a Harley thing in Killarney then was heading up west coast he gave me a sticker I'll post it later

18. Corcaigh

N3aIqEU.jpeg

9QS0op2.jpeg

Is there a plaque on the monument cos this
3X1Ki0z.jpeg

Is to do with the film

Done - home tomorrow

The sticker the chap gave me at tipp

Attachments

• IMG_20220603_210746023_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220603_210746023_HDR.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 358
and customary snafu

had issues with card so ordered a fresh one

been ok till today used at the toll at portlaoise and reader said no

tried in the chip and pin and no

i went to move bike outta way cos queue and nice chap in renault van had paid when i turned round to speak to booth - NICE ONE SOR!!

so got to dub and was gonna put juice in bike - glad i didnt - waited till i got to holyhead into tesco and pay at pump said no so into shap and was already saying to them this might not work - yep reader said no - have had this previously and its easier dealing with it here than abroad (dubh is deffo furrin :aidan )

will try the cashpoint in the main tesco ill be back in a minute

by then theres other bikes turned up either off the boat or just generally

chap hears whats going on and says have you got paypal?

i say yes and he said ill pay for that if you send me the money

after a bit of farting about cos the signal was patchy i send him a drink also

big up to jonathan davies (didnt see what bike he had but he likes kayaks :D )

i said to him if youd had breakdown or tyre issues i coulda helped you as i had breakdown/tools/can of tyre sealant

PAY IT BACK PEOPLE :D

diolch jonathan

Fantastic. :). Restores the faith... Great tale of goodness. :)

entry entried :D

depending on teh americans might do the donegal point in august (not the point more about the getting there)

so this year theres been :bow:rob:aidan:blast

might do it again :p

go raibh maith agat do na cúntóirí agus na heagraithe go léir, tósta don bhliain seo chugainn

I'm up to 18 photos which is a new personal record. Surely I'll finish the tour this year? Have even done the SW/NW points which are furthest ones for me. Now just will need to keep up the winning streak.

2022 photo rally

Bit of a late starter on this one. Last year had all incl the NI ones done at this stage.

Took the day off Wednesday and headed East from Ennis to Rosenallis, Co. Laois then off to outside Dunlavin for the Co. Wickla one.
Again off we go to Goresbridge and the Mill for the Kilkenny point.

It was such a nice day I decided to head for an extra point and do the Wexford point on Bunow bay.... pity I didnt look a little closer at the map as I ended up at the wrong side of the bloody bay and while there is some latitude in these pictures I dont think the organisers will allow a bay away.... even if I could manage to get the bike into the picture also. Off we go again to retrace our steps and find St Kerans bay and a closer shot of the "Port Laraige".
Thats my second day out having bagged 4 points. It was a long day as back home to Ennis at about 21.10 having left that morning about 11.30.
Have 16 now completed, another 3 maybe 4 to do (Donegal is along way up for 1 point) and thats it.

Thankfully the bike didn't miss a beat on any of these trips and the Mich Road 6 is equally as good as the 5's on previous.... not any better IMO.

Ride safe folks and enjoy.

Another year!

Attachments

• 2022 PR.jpg
    2022 PR.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 197
Email arrived yesterday telling me there is one week left to the deadline for entering the 2022 Photo Rally.
Best €10 you can spend!

Back
Top Bottom