Irish Photo Rally 2022

tadhgocuilleain

Reaction score
The launch of Irish Photo Rally 2022 will be online next Saturday, 5th of February at 20:00.

The awards for last year’s event will be announced, followed by the release of the list for Irish Photo Rally 2022.

The event can be watched at the following link:

I'll stick this thread and release the 2021 one after the presentation Tim as is the usual custom.

The nearest photo point is in my town Leixlip. I will be able to nab that no problem. Going to enjoy a bit of fair weather type of procrastination before starting to hit the locations I think.

A lot of fun for small money!
Thanks to the Photo Rally Team for another interesting challenge, well 24 of them actually...

A lot of fun for small money!
Thanks to the Photo Rally Team for another interesting challenge, well 24 of them actually...

Well I have managed one today Even though I was not supposed to be out

But 5 miles straight to it, on me own, Took the pics and away home again

Attachments

• image_2022-02-09_230520.jpg
    image_2022-02-09_230520.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 396
oh

and so it starts

BOg6sNW.jpg

tadhg - is duine dona thú :D

so the plan was to visit uncle pat and give him engine parts that revenue wanted €500 for

but due to other family isolating met him for tay and cake at kinnegad (coulda done maynooth but needed tea :D)

is it supposed to take 35 mins :D

headed to athlone to stop and wait for the video comedy from tim :D

day 1

after the presentation (aww man no bloke from the kingdom)

decided to head north - handy that as last year the roscommon point was 4 miles from the hotel :D

d4f9lpG.jpg

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT

x2XisRk.jpg

vFSPiKZ.jpg

XuOkZAF.jpg

(c) artee fartee :D

23. Ros Comáin

was planning to do leitrim after that and changed me mind cos id not decided whether to do donegal or not

so i decided to do sligo

21. Sligeach

qDWurSX.jpg

muDyzvk.jpg

by this time id lost a strap from the kriega and wanted to buy another - a friend has a knock off version and the place that sells them was in omagh

no donegal then :D

so headed for tyrone

6. Tír Eoghain

lF373om.jpg

yes i know the photo sucks but the road was narrow, very busy and the pavements all round it are very slopy

53L6SpI.jpg

ZBcEfQU.jpg

then to coleraine to stap :D

day 2

ignored the derry point on the way up so did it on the way to carrick :D

2. Doire

4ip72c9.jpg

tried to avoid the A26

rabsl9C.jpg

4jdKrDZ.jpg

UKbSW3F.jpg

3. Aontroim

w6s6n2I.jpg

5Ikbapa.jpg

hang on a minute.........

oDb8iZr.jpg

H8A6AAZ.jpg

YElV6Tm.jpg

4. An Dún

as i posted on the fb photo rally page

dont do this - park on the road - the post office is someones house

QQs3XQy.jpg

5. An Cabhán/Muineachán

for obvious reasons theres no post office

DpxPTkD.jpg

dCpXNZr.jpg

8. An Mhí

due to phonecall i had to come back today else it woulda been the 6 leinster ones and stop in cashel

woulda been back saturday and 18 done

oh and cheeky 9. Baile Átha Cliath/Cill Dara on the way to the ferry :D

v5OJks5.jpg

and the reason for the early start?

i had a week booked and was planning two gigs in eastern usa and a trip to kittyhawk but due to the weather and the fact the cbp/tsa changed the rules for covid test from 3 days to one which meant i couldnt risk $$$ on a pos test - 3 days notice woulda been ok but less than 24h notice for cancelling stuff woulda been a no - even tho been boostered in january - i decided to do eire as the weather wasnt too bad (apart from saturday to wales)

if they turn on day trips then the place of the cats and the place they call semple will be visited

if not then will be getting the hell outta dodge the jubillee weekend in june (you see why i did the nordy wans first :D )

wheres rory :D

and its 15 to go :aidan

Back
Top Bottom