Warm’n’Safe - USA

Wapping

Reaction score
Warm’n’Safe, very popular on this site, is an American product. Their UK sales agent only carries a part of the stock and, seemingly, is unwilling to entertain the idea of contacting their supplier to order in anything in addition.

I wanted a new, bike powered, wireless dual heat controller. The UK agent no longer stocks them and, as above, had no intention of stocking them again or, what’s more, of asking about possibly shipping one in. I therefore contacted Warm’n’Safe in America, who by return email, confirmed that not only did they have them in stock but would ship to the UK. I duly ordered one. It was delivered by the postman this morning.

Strike one for American service.

Knock off two for the UK.

https://www.warmnsafe.com/

Warm’n’Safe, very popular on this site, is an American product. Their UK sales agent only carries a part of the stock and, seemingly, is unwilling to entertain the idea of contacting their supplier to order in anything in addition.

I wanted a new, bike powered, wireless dual heat controller. The UK agent no longer stocks them and, as above, had no intention of stocking them again or, what’s more, of asking about possibly shipping one in. I therefore contacted Warm’n’Safe in America, who by return email, confirmed that not only did they have them in stock but would ship to the UK. I duly ordered one. It was delivered by the postman this morning.

Strike one for American service.

Knock off two for the UK.

https://www.warmnsafe.com/

Often the case when ordering bike specific accessories direct from the USA as opposed to their UK dealers. e.g. some Goldwing aftermarket footboards...£399 from UK dealer (and no stock in UK:rolleyes:) as opposed to £200 direct from U.S. manufacturer including shipping duty and tax. Arrived in 7-10 days.:thumb2

For what it’s worth, if anyone is looking to control the temperature of their heated clothing remotely, these remote controllers - bike powered - are excellent.

Thank you.

I went on a hunt for someone else in the UK but failed to turn anyone up. Bookmarked (for real, for once).

I think Motolegends are now the main UK dealer.

I was in there recently and tried some of the Warm and Safe kit on as I was curious to see why it was held in such high regard by a number of Tossers on here. I was chatting with the bods who own the Shop and they said it was customer recommendation that originally got them interested and now they use it themselves and reckon it is top notch stuff.

As luck would have it my Keis jacket, after 5 years of trusty service, has developed a fault that apparently isn't covered under the lifetime warranty :blast. Looks like I am therefore in the market for some new heated kit and I think I may very well be giving Warm and Safe a go. :thumb

For what it’s worth, if anyone is looking to control the temperature of their heated clothing remotely, these remote controllers - bike powered - are excellent.

The wireless ones are really good too. Just remember to swap out the 2 x AAA batteries every year.

I think Motolegends are now the main UK dealer.

As luck would have it my Keis jacket, after 5 years of trusty service, has developed a fault that apparently isn't covered under the lifetime warranty :blast. Looks like I am therefore in the market for some new heated kit and I think I may very well be giving Warm and Safe a go. :thumb

That might explain why the UK branded ‘Warm’n’Safe’ site were less than cooperative, when I approached the for over one hundred quids or so worth of remote heat controller.

It really is excellent kit. I bought mine years ago from Powerlet in America, who were the first to come out with the new style of jackets and remote heat trollers (as they called them). Powerlet, were good bods to deal with, as was their UK agent. The UK fellow’s name escapes my but from memory was somewhere down in Berkshire, I remember going to his shop to pick up some Powerlet kit he’d ordered in for me from America and some Ventura luggage rails from New Zealand.

a and some Ventura luggage rails from New Zealand.

I still have all my old Ventura kit in the garage (it must be over 25 years old) - I have a cunning plan to resurrect it and get it to fit on the Harley RKS!

... but we digress! I have ordered stuff and spent much money. It is arriving tomorrow and I shall hold you, as a bikermate, personally responsible for it being as good as stated! :D

The wireless ones are really good too. Just remember to swap out the 2 x AAA batteries every year.
Haven't changed my batteries for at least 3 years so far, maybe it's even 4yrs?

Not sure why a wired version would be better?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haven't changed my batteries for at least 3 years so far, maybe it's even 4yrs?

Not sure why a wired version would be better?

I normally just take the batteries out at the end of the heated gear season and chuck them. That avoids any worries about the batteries leaking inside the device.

As good and better.

Well it's all arrived and very nice quality it is too!

Just need to get it set up and get it all working and will try it out over the weekend as have to ride up to the frozen wastelands of the West Midlands.

I normally just take the batteries out at the end of the heated gear season and chuck them. That avoids any worries about the batteries leaking inside the device.
Well, don't tell anyone, but my controller went through the washing machine as it was missed (stashed in a pocket) and that was about 3 months after I bought it. I still haven't changed the batteries!!!

That might explain why the UK branded ‘Warm’n’Safe’ site were less than cooperative, when I approached the for over one hundred quids or so worth of remote heat controller.

It really is excellent kit. I bought mine years ago from Powerlet in America, who were the first to come out with the new style of jackets and remote heat trollers (as they called them). Powerlet, were good bods to deal with, as was their UK agent. The UK fellow’s name escapes my but from memory was somewhere down in Berkshire, I remember going to his shop to pick up some Powerlet kit he’d ordered in for me from America and some Ventura luggage rails from New Zealand.

I don’t think Motolegends do much Warm and Safe kit other than the glove inners. Was an outfit in Wales called RiderZ which has since changed its name. I spoke to the owner a few months ago when I was looking for some W and S heated gloves. He told me he wasn’t doing their kit any more. I also had to go direct to the US and their service was very good.

I don’t think Motolegends do much Warm and Safe kit other than the glove inners. Was an outfit in Wales called RiderZ which has since changed its name. I spoke to the owner a few months ago when I was looking for some W and S heated gloves. He told me he wasn’t doing their kit any more. I also had to go direct to the US and their service was very good.

Motolegends now do a good range of W&S kit, including the jackets, baselayers (top and bottoms), gloves, controllers and wiring accessories. I think they became a pretty major supplier of W&S kit about 2 years ago, which may explain the guy in Wales pulling out of the market.

Better? Maybe, maybe not.

I just like things that are powered from the bike.
I do get that actually. I guess in this case, the wireless arrangement works so well and err...the batteries seen to last forever

Back
Top Bottom