Might sell my Super Ten... Are you lurking...:)

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So here we go and a soft start sale in the S10 section for anyone having a wee look... I bought an S10 last August and have enjoyed it and have had the experience and even though its a great bike, it may be going in place of something else... I'm in Shetland but usually sell for a discounted price as I'm so remote and will ship to the mainland or jolly ole ride it down myself, practicalities allowing... I paid £5.4k last year for an immaculately clean 50k miles bike ready to go with a full array of extras and new discs and pads all round. I bough it from Kawasaki Bournemouth and they were excellent and delivered it to Aberdeen for the price. I then had a week 2k miles tour seeing family and mates down as far as West Cornwall and back. It get used in anything and is well built enough to stand it.

2013 Super Ten "World Crosser" in a lovely Matt Graphite... It has 54k miles and a very good service history either dealer, independent or latterly owner recorded. Its all up to date and runs and rides really well. They just happen to have one of the best reliability records going as well! It has a Givi screen with extension and Yamaha luggage, belly pan, crash bars, Touratech/Madstad style screen adjuster, bar backs, fender extender etc standard exhaust and Delkevic if you want a bit extra noise... It probably owes me about £5.8 k but I'd be fine for about £4.7 in return which is negotiable if I ride it over...:thumb

It came ready to roll with long service intervals and a good record. I have changed the fork oil and put in new head bearings as there was a very slight centre notch which even though it was minor and roadworthy, it annoyed me...:D

I've really rated the bike and the build quality. Its perfectly quick enough and has a good lazy engine or gets going well if needed. Its a Yam so the engine is engineered well with a gearbox that it predictable and easy to use. I've had it loaded up and not for touring and the commute and it does it all really well...

My problem is that it was a toss up between a bike like this and an RT last summer and I tried to keep the Adventure biking thing going that started with GS's in the late 90's... In 2015 I was between and S10 and a Crosstourer and went with the latter and partially wished I hadn't. Sadly I'm looking like a lifer RT tosser... Big screen and all that crap and length of the country riding without swearing or getting look at...:D

S10's are really all day comfy and I have done the flat seat mod which is almost essential... They are 50+ mpg as well so are real world for distance. The trouble is I'm 6'5" tall and can't get the screens right on many ADV bikes. After a while I think of an RT again... What a wanker...:D

I have an 1150RT as well that I use and if the plan comes off both will go for a later RT... That's a bit old school now but still a great bike and I thought I would be good mixing them together for riding... I'm am now eyeing up later RT's again and as we all know, wandering minds don't settle...:D

If you're interested, drop me a PM and we can speak... I usually find a buyer somewhere and after lots of buying and selling, have never had a problem and always been straight up...

The pic is from the initial trip and even though its changed slightly and all ACF'ed up and mucky, it looks great after a clean...:thumb

PS I was down in NE Scotland last week looking at houses... and bikes :) and went up Glenshee and around all manner of crapped up B roads in Aberdeenshire... It was hoot and showed what a capable all roads bike it is... I even doubted and RT would handle it very well...:blast:D

Attachments

• IMG_20210826_191245_1~2.jpg
    IMG_20210826_191245_1~2.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 709
Forgot to mention that another big reason for probably selling is that even though I'm a lanky twat I have varying back probs and sciatica and getting on and off is sometimes a PIA... 🙄 Sitting is very comfy but tall bikes are being tricky...😬

Give me a shout if you end up looking for a twin cam RT. There was a time, I was looking at a S10 but I'm looking at smaller/lighter bike now. GLWS :thumb2

Give me a shout if you end up looking for a twin cam RT. There was a time, I was looking at a S10 but I'm looking at smaller/lighter bike now. GLWS :thumb2
Willdo... Was looking at LCs but you never know what might happen...😉 Sad thing is the S10 is a great bike but I've lost my ADV bike mojo...

Fancy a 2014 Tiger 800 trade in Pete, only 10.5k miles very nimble bike

You have to laugh... Went for a run into town yesterday with my wife pillion... It's the 1st time she's been on the S10... I asked "what do you think, was in comfortable"... she says " it was great, in fact its' the comfiest bike I've been on". Ha ha ha ha...:) Same happened with my Corsstourer DCT... I couldn't gel with it and my lovely wife thought it was brill... Perhaps I'm being a small T tosser but it could still go either way... Either sell both bikes cheap for an RT LC or order the biggest screen from the US... And move to somewhere less windy...! :)

I jumped ship... Nothing really to do with the S10 as a bike... More my move from ADV bikes over the years to tourers... Had a great day and a half riding around Angus/Aberdeenshire in the sun looking at houses...😁 But now I'm an RT LC owner .. thanks to all for help with questions...👍

Ah! I was wondering what you were going to change to. I have an S10 and my better half doesn’t ride pillion any more due to spinal fractures, so for the past 2 years I have toyed with getting “something” a little lighter and smaller. The sports tourers from BMW, Suzuki and Kawasaki appeal but I am concerned about leg comfort. I like the the Tracer 9 too and I have considered an S1000XR or the F900XR or even a Ducati 950 Multistrada. And then I get back on my S10 and wonder what the hell was I thinking!

You have to laugh... Went for a run into town yesterday with my wife pillion... It's the 1st time she's been on the S10... I asked "what do you think, was in comfortable"... she says " it was great, in fact its' the comfiest bike I've been on". Ha ha ha ha...:) )

My partner hates the S10 as she says it's cramped and uncomfortable. So much so, she never wants to come out for a ride of any distance but will suffer a few miles into the Cotswolds for a coffee and piece of cake.

I've been offered a cheap R1200GS TC so I'm just in the process of persuading her it's a great option for those longer days and I can have the S10 for my long rides and tours.

The RT I bought was of a mysterious options list .. I knew of 2or 3 of the main options but after doing a spec search found it to have a fair list... One option is the high seat so no airhawk needed as it's reet comfy and a pillion seat like a sofa... Sometimes you get a little bit of luck...👍 The Xtz changed dramatically when I flat seated it and softened the shock as much as I could...

My partner hates the S10 as she says it's cramped and uncomfortable. So much so, she never wants to come out for a ride of any distance but will suffer a few miles into the Cotswolds for a coffee and piece of cake.

I've been offered a cheap R1200GS TC so I'm just in the process of persuading her it's a great option for those longer days and I can have the S10 for my long rides and tours.

Oddly my other half is happy on the S10, but certainly wasn’t on my Tripleblack twin cam a few years back. Although she hated the Bridgestones that the S10 came with, after 3 big slides last summer around fortbill, but its on TrailAttacks now so should be fine. Although if I get the Pan mot’d I reckon she’d be even happier on that :D

Oddly my other half is happy on the S10, but certainly wasn’t on my Tripleblack twin cam a few years back. Although she hated the Bridgestones that the S10 came with, after 3 big slides last summer around fortbill, but its on TrailAttacks now so should be fine. Although if I get the Pan mot’d I reckon she’d be even happier on that :D

I found the same the Bridgestones had a mind of their own, overbanding, lines anything and off they went. I changed to Avon Trailsriders brilliant wet or dry. I had to change the rear at 6K as I was going on a tour of Germany they still had 1K left in them. You need big ball to use the original Bridgestones in the wet.

Funny how different riders get different feedback and impressions from the same brand/model of tyres. My 2017 S10 had Bridgestone A41 tyres on when I bought it and to be honest, I found they were surprisingly good and I would fit them again. However, I have used Michelins for ages and when my Bridgestones were due for changing, I fitted PR5s, but that was purely due to my affinity for Michelins and not due to any failings by the Bridgestones.

Funny how different riders get different feedback and impressions from the same brand/model of tyres. My 2017 S10 had Bridgestone A41 tyres on when I bought it and to be honest, I found they were surprisingly good and I would fit them again. However, I have used Michelins for ages and when my Bridgestones were due for changing, I fitted PR5s, but that was purely due to my affinity for Michelins and not due to any failings by the Bridgestones.

The Bridgestones I had were "Deathwings" and yes they were that bad.

The Bridgestones I had were "Deathwings" and yes they were that bad.

OK, I will go with that, but you are talking about the infamous Trailwings, I am talking about A41s which are a different generation.

OK, I will go with that, but you are talking about the infamous Trailwings, I am talking about A41s which are a different generation.
Never got to try the A41’s, but my mate had lots of sets on his S10 until he couldn’t get them so he went over to Tourances on a cracking M+P offer a while back. He’s gone Orange since and has just gone back to A41’s on that. I’ve also got a set of the bargain Tourances which will go on mine when my TrailAttacks are worn out, but that won’t be for a while yet. The huge difference I found after replacing the OE Traiwings was how easy the bike turns now. I nearly felloff the first bend as it tips in so easy now. Much much bigger difference than the normal old to new tyre difference.

Back
Top Bottom