R1250GSA 2x Helmet Top Box options ?

Sparklyman

Reaction score
Hi,

New here - GSA on the way, partially spurned on by the other half wanting some weekend 2-wheel time, doing a bit of "sightseeing".

The topic of wandering around with Helmets has been broached, so one of the first pieces of luggage will undoubtedly be a top box with sufficient capacity for 2x helmets.

The luggage world is huge (had no idea !), so was wondering if folks could pitch in with some suggestions , with a view to potentially adding matching panniers at a later date, should we decided to go further afield in the future ...

Appreciate any insights into what brands/models to consider, that can take two helmets, just to give me a head start.

Thanks for your help ...

Hi

Givi trekker 52 liter for me

Holds 2 full face helmets with BT intercoms on the sides

Don’t have matching panniers as I prefer top loaders

Attachments

• 05C6A725-F1D4-4724-9273-0A3D05CE6D11.jpg
    05C6A725-F1D4-4724-9273-0A3D05CE6D11.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 199
Thanks for the info - have now browsed the GIVI website - appears that 52L - 58L boxes can typically take two helmets.

A few option there: Trekker, Alaska & Outback ... GIVI quality appears to be very good (?)

Thanks for your help

I bought a Givi V46 back in the 1990s that took our two BMW helmets. Wife hasn't pillioned for years but the top box just moves on. It's been on three bikes, a R1100RT, an FJR1300 and now on my little GP450.

tom

Thanks for the insight - GIVI seem to be the premium brand - guess the 30 tear old top box is an indicator of quality. Also see KAPPA as their "budget" product line ??

Back
Top Bottom