Czech / Slovakia (not quite the Alps, sort of) Klingenthal, Nejdek, Merklin

Wapping

Reaction score
We don’t get too much on the Czech or Slovak Republics on these pages, so this 106 mile(ish) circuit might suit someone who found themselves somewhere near it.

It comes from Motorrad & Reisen magazine issue 109 (appeared on Readly February 2022) and is downloadable from the magagazine’s website, using the code: BOHMDORF

The route downloads well, as shown here on Pocket Earth:

f4b3f4ad39958cff4ef5243a0e5f697f.png

75ea1dcb19eace3cccae6352d4b7c45e.png

We came over the Tatra mountains into Slovakia on the way back from Poland, heading to Slovenia via Austria, and from what we had seen of the area near the Tatra mountains we would like to have spent more time there.
Thanks Richard.

Thank you, Lee

I am going to have a dig around in the internet to see what I might be able to put together for Czech / Slovakia by way of things to see and roads to ride.

If anyone has some ‘must do’ suggestions, ping them into this thread please.

Thank you, Lee

I am going to have a dig around in the internet to see what I might be able to put together for Czech / Slovakia by way of things to see and roads to ride.

If anyone has some ‘must do’ suggestions, ping them into this thread please.

I have ridden through there once (en route to Hungary & Budapest) on the fateful day of 9/11 20 years ago
It has some great roads and scenic mountains and I followed a copper blue river for miles
Some bizarre mountain villages
Would love to go back one day

Whilst I have been to the Czech Republic, I only realised a day of so ago that I have never been to Slovakia and, worse, regularly mix it up with Slovenia. I believe it is a wrong I must right.

Whilst I have been to the Czech Republic, I only realised a day of so ago that I have never been to Slovakia and, worse, regularly mix it up with Slovenia. I believe it is a wrong I must right.

Slovenia is good too
Slovakia and the Zakopane area of the Tatra mountains is a worthwhile destination
Ever been to Hungary?

I came across this in Motorrad magazine (Edition 12 - May 2021)

It would be reasonably easy to cut the likely route onto a map and into a GPS file.

12f40e1131196daaedcaf7dd04d137d2.png

9e1aa20eb8436452877be20f90157709.png

Again from Motorrad magazine (Edition 11 - May 2021) this time linking up the racing circuits….

a7ddeac6a94ffb5d72d89adaf9772f1a.png

And what’s not to like……

07cc945a8a089eb31a79b7d07aa167c6.png

Back
Top Bottom