Aftermarket LED headlight for the R9T

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fitted an aftermarket LRD Headlight in there R9T
Ive seen a few on ebay ranging from £39.99 to £135.00 all seem to be approved for road use just wondering if anyone has fitted one and if its worth a shite

any piccies or link would be great

Cheers
Rob

I fitted one to mine, think there’s some posts on here about it a while back, cost about £25, nice white DRL ring round the outer edge, was a Chinese one but well made. Light dispersion and brightness was reasonable, it did need a ballast resistor to stop the bulb out indicator lighting up. We’ll worth it for what it cost.

That’s odd, when I clicked on the link it goes to a thread about quickshifters?
Try searching LED headlight query.

Got it and found the resistors from your post from ebay only bit i cant fing is the headlight for that money any ideas of the seller or item number for your mate
Cheers
Rob

Just Ebay LED 7” headlight, same one for car or motorcycle. Thousands of them on there. Sometimes cheaper to buy a pair if someone wants to split with you, but they’re only £25 ish each now. They are fractionally smaller than original but fit the rim fine, just tweak the spring clips a tad.
Chris.

Just Ebay LED 7” headlight, same one for car or motorcycle. Thousands of them on there. Sometimes cheaper to buy a pair if someone wants to split with you, but they’re only £25 ish each now. They are fractionally smaller than original but fit the rim fine, just tweak the spring clips a tad.
Chris.
Do you know if they fit the hexhead r1200r?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. Did you have to buy the headlamp assembly casing too?

No, the light unit should fit directly in your assembly, a direct swap for the existing unit. You may have to tweak the spring clips a touch.

No, the light unit should fit directly in your assembly, a direct swap for the existing unit. You may have to tweak the spring clips a touch.
Awesome, thanks. Looking into this one, I assume I'd need to wire the LED halo to my DRL.

Well it arrived along with the canbus decoders and was installed however its still throwing up the bulb out light, ive emailed the seller of the decoders but they sound like they have no idea on what they are selling !!
ive had it running for about an hour and the canbus has not shut it down so id say its ok but need some other decoders to get the light out

a couple of piccies

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0310.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0310.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 174
  • thumbnail_IMG_0311.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0311.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 190
Yes it was me, I turned the Ignition on without the side light connected thats what was throwing the warning light on, after Id sussed that it worked fine no warning light on !!

Rob

Yes it was me, I turned the Ignition on without the side light connected thats what was throwing the warning light on, after Id sussed that it worked fine no warning light on !!

Rob
Oh brilliant, did you have to change the casing too? I believe the R headlight is a wee bit bigger than 7" so assume I need to. Do you think you could have gotten away without the canbus delete thingy then as it may have been the sidelight the whole time?

Headlight casing and bezzle was all ok I had to bend the metal retainers a little to allow them to fit in and hold the headlight in
the canbus decoder is a must as when I got it working all ok I tried it without and once again the error was straight up so put it back in then it was all ok again

Rob

Back
Top Bottom