Schuberth C5

Would need to somewhere closer, will give Infinity at York a ring

Well I emailed Tranam ( the Schuberth UK importers) regarding the alternative interior panels/ cheek pads for the C5 available to get a decent fit, apparently there are non at dealers at the minute but they can be ordered (at an additional cost )
Although how the hell you are supposed to work out what you need and do you buy a couple of alternative sets hoping one might be the right solution and possibly end up with a £500 plus helmet and god knows how much worth of interior bits and still have a helmet that does not work for you.

Unless dealers start holding stock and offering a bespoke fitting service I will not be buying a C5 and look at the Neotec or other options next year when my lid needs changed

I’m growing fonder of my C5 after a few day trips using it in that very hot weather and a recent blast with the GSA screen now on low where the helmet was very comfy and quite.

At first I’d found it odd use the flip up at anything other than slow c20 mph speeds but I’ve now got use to the weight and it’s been great going through cities and starting/ending journeys on slower lanes/roads - The drop down dark visor is very good and works well with the flip up

For the price I paid I think I’ve bought well

After swapping my old System 6, foe the C5, I've found the C5 much quieter and quite comfy. The ventilation is also good the velcro on the chin strap gets a bit annoying when you have to keep removing the helmet on short trips. Other than that I'm very happy with my C5.

All fine if it fits out of the box, my C2, BMW SYSTEM 4 / SYSTEM 5 ( Schuberth built ), S1 pro, C3, C3 pro (×2) were a good fit, unfortunately for me the C5 is not .

Love the look of the C5 and the quality also seems very good BUT if it doesn't fit !

Just found prices of alternative interiors , you can get either a 'round' or 'oval' shaped head padding set for £36each, , whilst the alternative narrower 10mm or deeper 'sports' 25mm cheek pads are £58.
So basically £100 on top if the price of an already £500 helmet ,although Louis do have plain colours in a sale for £400 at the moment

Well having tried on a C5 I found that the same size (L/59) that I had in my C4 Pro fitted me perfectly so I bought one, with the Sena SC2.

Initial comments after only short rides - helmet is fine, hard to tell about noise levels as yet, need longer and faster rides. Ventilation better than the C4 Pro.

Haven't used the comms in anger but I have 2 observations - the microphone is in an awkward place, why couldn't they tuck it in nicely on the side as in the C4 Pro? Also disappointing to have a separate battery for the "remote" - I should have thought that a little extra wiring in the helmet could have powered it from the main unit battery.

Has anyone tried a C5 with alternative interior padding and if so who had the alternative bits in stock?

Reason being is all of my previous Schuberth helmets have been size 60/61 and today I tried on the C5 the size 61 was too large , yet the next size down 58/59 was far too tight.

Reckon the 51 with alternative interior would be fine but no one seems to have the bits in stock

I found exactly the same. My 60/61 C4 Pro fits like a glove, but the C5 61 was too large and the 59 too small.... which was annoying as I fancied buying one.

My C5 just arrived by I apparently have the same issues as some other users - the 59 is too tight (pressure points on my forehead), while the 61, when I tried it on at the local dealer - was way too big.
And I also have to agree about the claustrophobic feeling in the chin area - my chin is literary pressed against the bar and I can barely open my mouth to talk, or even breathe. And I cannot even imagine how to fit a microphone in there..
Is this a common thing among the flip-ups or it’s just me with my akwardly big (for Schuberth standards) chin?
Other than that, I think I’ll return it and look for some other options - either a Neotec, or a full-face helmet.
Too bad that there are only few out there that complies with the new 22.06 standard..

My C5 just arrived by I apparently have the same issues as some other users - the 59 is too tight (pressure points on my forehead), while the 61, when I tried it on at the local dealer - was way too big.
And I also have to agree about the claustrophobic feeling in the chin area - my chin is literary pressed against the bar and I can barely open my mouth to talk, or even breathe. And I cannot even imagine how to fit a microphone in there..
Is this a common thing among the flip-ups or it’s just me with my akwardly big (for Schuberth standards) chin?
Other than that, I think I’ll return it and look for some other options - either a Neotec, or a full-face helmet.
Too bad that there are only few out there that complies with the new 22.06 standard..

Early Schuberth helmets were like that with a very short chin bar with restricted space .

You are right - I also found the C5 to have a much smaller chin area, whereas my C4 Pro feels much roomier there.

Maybe the C5 is not going to be my next helmet after all. Hopefully there will be a Neotech III along soonish. In the meantime, I really like my C4 Pro.

I don't think I would buy another Schuberth helmet, I no longer believe or trust in their sales pitch.

I have been very disappointed with my Schuberth C4 after happily owning a string of BMW System helmets made by them.

I am putting up with it for the time being and holding out for a newer Shoei Neotec.

I bought the C5 and am veery happy with it then i bought the SC2 and to be honest not happy at all everytime i switch it on i have to pair the remote control (that's the one on the side to the helmet) i have to go through the process of pairing the remote then the mesh won't connect to another riders mesh system but i did manage to connect to a friends bluetooth sena set. I have sent an email to schuberth but alas no replys yet, i did go to a local motorcycle store and they tried but they were dumfounded that it wasn't paired, it says remote control connected remote control disconnected and keeps repeating the same thing until i go through the process of pairing it up again and again getting very boaring this is, been intouch where i bought it from and all there interested in is me sending it back which if i don't reply from schuberth i will?

I replaced an E1 with a C5 about 12m ago & have since ridden about 15000m. I find the helmet comfortable & very quiet but I’ve had/got issues. For the first 6 months it was fine but so was the weather. First really wet ride it leaked terribly-dangerously in fact. That & the visor had started to slam shut (the visor system is quite clever in that it stays open in whatever setting you have it if you raise the chin bar & then close it). Helmet City returned it to Schuberth & I’m guessing they replaced the visor & pinlock. Since then it’s been ok but I don’t trust it not to do it again. I don’t like that. Ventilation is brilliant even in the 40’C days we had last summer. The SC2 is good but I don’t group ride so don’t use the intercom so can’t comment on that. I listen to music & take the odd phone call & the sound is excellent. Pairing the remote is a ball ache so I don’t bother with it & use Siri instead.
Would I buy Schuberth again? No. For what retails as a £500 lid it isn’t good enough. I had a Cabernet Duke years ago & looking back it was better.

Caberg Duke not a Cabernet Duke. Sounds like some pissed up member of French aristocracy! Poxy predictive text again!

Back
Top Bottom