Schuberth C5

steviegasgas

Reaction score
Anyone got one? Looking for a report as to what they are like? Better than the Shoei flip? Cheers

You need to try one on to see if it’ll fit .
If Shoeis fit you then the C5 won’t .
I’m a L in Shoei and a Neotec 2 fits perfectly.
But the C5 in L was much too tight but then the XL was huge . Ridiculous really !!

A couple of us tried them on at the Excel show on the Helmet City stand. The sizes did seem to sit between the Shoei sizes. The nice chap from Helmet City suggested a visit to their shop to try a selection on, plus different cheek pads.
My Neotech (XL) was a bit tight until I swapped in thinner cheek pads.

I’m with Arsey * and ChasMill, having tried one one at the London show.

I have, in the words of Rory Miller, a pinhead. The medium C5 was too large and the small too….um…. small. I might well try some alternative linings, making a booking when Helmet City is quiet. Even so, I don’t think a C5 will suit my head. Either a helmet fits or it doesn’t, whilst having one that doesn’t fit is just plain stupid.

* The only way to tell if a helmet suits YOU, as opposed to someone else, is to try one on.

I am tempted by the C5. I’ve an E1 and C3 pro. However, I purchased both of these because of the quality, brand, it being German, etc….

But mother I can wear for long periods of time (touring being one) as I get sore jaw (pressure points) and a chin strap is pressing a bit tight on my throat.
What I am basically saying, is that I have purchased both helmets based on what I was told, rather than, am I comfortable?

I therefore, have now gad my Arai QV for some 3 years and that helmet fits me every well. I love it! However it isn’t the quietest of lids, but is a well wanted and it is only helmet that does not fog up on me unlike the other lot I’ve had over the years.
It also a bit of a faff on tour (being a full face lid), where you might just want to flip the chin bar, have a quick drink of water or just have it open for more airflow when pottering along with the rest of them at 20 mph.

The C5 having got a new shell and new fully adjustable innards, might just be the lid that fits, or it might not. I would have to take day trip to Surrey and visit to see Chris at Motolegends, as they offer a complete FOC lining exchange to suit one’s head.

I really do miss the flipper, fingers crossed, it’ll fit well.

You need to try one on to see if it’ll fit .
If Shoeis fit you then the C5 won’t .
I’m a L in Shoei and a Neotec 2 fits perfectly.
But the C5 in L was much too tight but then the XL was huge . Ridiculous really !!

I suspect the C5 is a different shape to previous Schuberths. I've had a C3, two C3 pros and an E1. All great fits and all L 59/60. In the C5 (tried at NEC) I was a M 57/58. Go figure...

I suspect the C5 is a different shape to previous Schuberths. I've had a C3, two C3 pros and an E1. All great fits and all L 59/60. In the C5 (tried at NEC) I was a M 57/58. Go figure...

Totally agree, yes, it is a different shape but that's also apparent in any of the reviews to date. Totally redesigned model but I have the same problem as Wapping - XL too big and L too small. Funny but the C4 Pro seems to fit me perfectly so I bought one of them.

I think you’re right .
I had a C4 and it fitted fine , though in XL.
It was also utter shite and was got rid after only a few months .

Thanks all, I have had the C3, chin bar fell off! Then the shoei neotec, great helmet but its getting too old now and I can’t stand how small the strap is for the receiving end of the ratchet on the new one. Bring back the d strap! So its either the shoei or c5, will try them both on. Cheers again.

I'm due to change, my C3Pro is 5 years old. I chose it for quietness (tinnitus) and would only upgrade to C5 if it was significantly quieter but can't seem to get any feedback on that. I don't. want or need to the inbuilt comms and don't like the idea of paying for it. My Cardo is great and is just for my TomTom so will be transferred to the new helmet. The C5 is double the price of the C3 now so I'm veering towards a new C3. £304 in sports bike shop. Even cheaper elsewhere but I have £200 of vouchers for SBS. Never tried a Shoe Neotec but seems a. gamble when the C3 works pretty well for me.

Hi I bought the C5 with comms from Helmet city in the UK Helmet arrived early March Comms arrived eventually just before the Easter weekend. I changed from the C3 which I've had for 4 years.
So first proper test of the helmet was Easter Saturday. Helmet fits well (I already knew that of course) but after 5 hours of actual riding and it was still comfortable, I have found the ear space to be better in the C5, I wear glasses and found no pressure behind the ears where the glasses arms can sometimes dig in with the C3. Ventilation is about the same but when I drop the RTs screen to the park position I think it is slightly better than the C3. The front opening button is easy to use but the switch to lock the front up is very small and difficult to use even with summer gloves,( I have in the past had a Nolan that was P-J Certified and that had a much better lock switch) Noise wise it seems about the same its difficult to tell I wear earplugs anyway. Found same as the C3, if I am riding at 70mph ish with the visor open the wind will close it.
Comms system had me frustrated for a while. Adding the main unit to the rear is easy enough the controls are a button battery powered unit that clips into the side niche and pretty flush 4 button control. ( Better setup that the SC10 I had on the C3 as you don't need to open the visor to control buttons) The control is pre paired with the comms unit. The comms unit has a single button with multiple functions the remote has 4 buttons. When setting things up suggest you go to the quick guide at the back of the SC2 hand book its not all that intuitive for example the button used to start pairing your phone or GPS hold it down and you get a double beep and it says intercom pairing. Turns out you need to keep it pressed for 10 second to get to the configuration menu. Sound quality seems OK not used it for music or calls ( not something I tend to do) It has Mesh of course but again not tried this yet.

Totally agree, yes, it is a different shape but that's also apparent in any of the reviews to date. Totally redesigned model but I have the same problem as Wapping - XL too big and L too small. Funny but the C4 Pro seems to fit me perfectly so I bought one of them.

Maybe not the right place for this point but I bought my new C4 Pro only to find the old problem of when you flip down the visor and chin guard the comms turn off. I thought Schuberth had sorted this one out.....
I had exactly the same with my old 1st Generation C4 - it was really annoying. Seems not all the old issues were solved. I had a fiddle with the battery and fitting it into its housing in the lid and will test it on a few longer trips otherwise it goes back to Louis.
Anyone recommend me a lid with build in comms that has radio....?

Maybe not the right place for this point but I bought my new C4 Pro only to find the old problem of when you flip down the visor and chin guard the comms turn off. I thought Schuberth had sorted this one out.....
I had exactly the same with my old 1st Generation C4 - it was really annoying. Seems not all the old issues were solved. I had a fiddle with the battery and fitting it into its housing in the lid and will test it on a few longer trips otherwise it goes back to Louis.
Anyone recommend me a lid with build in comms that has radio....?

I put a wrap of electrical tape around the battery to make it a tighter fit and haven’t had the problem since, not that it happened often beforehand.

thanks Jeff, I put a bit of paper between the plastic cover and the battery thereby pushing it firmly against the inner connecting pins but if it doesn't work will try your idea, thks

Picked up C5 today from helmet city - I had been close to buying a C3pro they had priced @ £344 but wanted a bit more off as it looked like it had been on display a while they, weren’t prepared to shift on price but bizarrely they agreed to do a C5 for £384.

My every day helmet has been a Schubert Metropolitan in L and the C5 was a good like for like in fit to that - Id say the C3pro in L was a slightly closer fit, more snug, but still my size and it had a slightly next notch up on quality feel about it.

In someways the C3pro felt to close and snug for me, in part due to my past helmets being a J1 and then the Metropolitan so the C5 at that price, and the fact that it’s approved for the flip up got the deal and first experiences of using it are good.

That said I think if I’d been a happy C3 pro user I’m not sure I’d feel that I’d upgraded by buying a C5

I hope you like it better than I do with my C4, its a big disappointment. I sent it back to Schuberth for a broken sun visor mechanism and excess wind noise....I should have gone for a Shoei Neotec 2 in hindsight for an extra £100. My previous BMW system helmets made by Schuberth swayed my decision, they were all better than my C4.

I bought the SC1 Advanced bluetooth comms kit for it, but I can hardly hear it at speed. Since it has no 3.5mm female jack socket for my UE Monitors and no easy way to modify the helmet wiring to include one, I have had to resort to fitting my old Sena 20S comms unit on the side (its a carbuncle but at least it works with in-ear monitors.)

Keep us posted on how it feels/performs, I am due to replace my C4 within a year or so and would appreciate the feedback.

That is a hell of a good price and saving for a new C5, seems that Infinity are matching it at the moment

Hello all , I have just purchased a C5 + comms.
Used 3 times.
Way noisier than my C3 Pro . When connected with other helmets they comment on background wind noise , doesn't seem to be as severe with their Schoei lids .
Not a happy camper.
Has any one else had this issue ?

Back
Top Bottom