New Tenere World Raid

d488a92a6598fc1dd6a50aea1937b59d.png

a3fa1d1911ba3384811f672cb1a1b6b9.png

I would have liked cruise control though….. Suppose I’ll just have to keep my Super Tenere a bit longer :beerjug:

I'm interested in this model.

The 220kg is fully fueled compared to 204kg for the T7. And the weight is carried lower down.
.....or about as much as a dry 1200GSA hexhead.

The twin tanks are linked. No problem filling up.

Look at what Pavey jnr has done to the project T7 to make it a better bike and then compare it to what you get with a T7 World Raid.the

This or a Desert X, both of which are ballpark for weight. One more complex and powerful than the other. The underdog being cheaper, designed a bit better and probably a sweet spot for the market of a mini adventure bike for everything.

Wonder why Yamaha choose to only fill the tanks on the T7WR a third full and the T7 with full tank, at the Yamaha offroad school at its launch recently ! Each fuel tank has to be topped up individually if you want a full tank, as they are not balanced until the ignition is on and the side stand is up. Alternatively if you only want half a tank, just top up the left one. Unfortunately the fuel cap key cannot be removed until the cap is closed and locked, so one tank at a time.

I thought it was just a straight link pipe. Twin tanks still shouldn't be a problem. Many a happy KTM 950/990 Adventure owners.

I thought it was just a straight link pipe. Twin tanks still shouldn't be a problem. Many a happy KTM 950/990 Adventure owners.

Looks great, just a little bit inconvenient having to lock the cap to get key out to open other side whilst holding the fuel pump nozzle. The T7 is a great bike and arguably the T7WR is what the T7 should have been originally, but its about £800 too expensive for what you get. Yamaha have gone to great lengths to justify its price to journalists at the launch, which would suggest they know it is too expensive in a very competitive ADV market. I think they’re using the T7 & T7WR as a bit of a cash cow when you look at how many they’ve sold and the price of their other CP2 engined models. The ducati is a good price for what you get standard, but gets very expensive when you add options.

I'm interested in this model.

The 220kg is fully fueled compared to 204kg for the T7. And the weight is carried lower down.
.....or about as much as a dry 1200GSA hexhead.

The twin tanks are linked. No problem filling up.

Look at what Pavey jnr has done to the project T7 to make it a better bike and then compare it to what you get with a T7 World Raid.the

This or a Desert X, both of which are ballpark for weight. One more complex and powerful than the other. The underdog being cheaper, designed a bit better and probably a sweet spot for the market of a mini adventure bike for everything.

So it’s still 40 kgs heavier than my 701LR was .

Yes, it is but for what I will want the 701 to be would require a rebuild with plenty of expense. No half measures. That is to turn it into something I want. The T7WR is halfway there with an extra 40kg but good enough I think. Will have to go and ride it.

Yes I know, other bikes are available and probably better.

Looks great, just a little bit inconvenient having to lock the cap to get key out to open other side whilst holding the fuel pump nozzle. The T7 is a great bike and arguably the T7WR is what the T7 should have been originally, but its about £800 too expensive for what you get. Yamaha have gone to great lengths to justify its price to journalists at the launch, which would suggest they know it is too expensive in a very competitive ADV market. I think they’re using the T7 & T7WR as a bit of a cash cow when you look at how many they’ve sold and the price of their other CP2 engined models. The ducati is a good price for what you get standard, but gets very expensive when you add options.

You have to fund the MotoGP development and off road racing teams somehow. Whatever I think of the T7WR is only my thoughts. It might change once I've ridden one. The dealership is very close and I can catch the train there and back if it ever needs be. Ducati dealership is some distance away. A V-configuration engine is more expensive to manufacture and maintain compared to in line configurations, in general. That said the Desert X has a massive service interval and the allure of a V-Twin is always there. A bolt on extra fuel tank?

You have to fund the MotoGP development and off road racing teams somehow.

The Jap four don't really make much money on their big bikes sold into Western countries, development costs outweigh the relatively low quantities sold. The big numbers are in small capacity machines sold into developing nations.

Sat on one today in P & H in Crawley.
Was surprised just how nice it felt.
BUT around £12k is a tad salty I think.
Out of interest , is it tubeless or tubed ? Doesn’t seem to say anywhere

fca1367839fd2f27a4c5c6543773c50d.jpg

81402dddc5419602d4752337d6d6d17a.jpg

0b4abfcb269c4f6b92af84fb0bb8d9be.jpg

Tubes as standard model

Tubed - but Central Wheels do a tubeless conversion at £120 per wheel
You can pick them up at £10k ish, so I am sure that vat free you will be about £8/9k ish

I took one out on demo last year, I probably would have bought if not for my dicky shoulder, suspension and overall ride felt great it does make you think why folk blindly gravitate to a 1200cc bike if they only ever ride solo, these are a hoot of a ride well up for big touring miles.

Back
Top Bottom