Another cash generating scheme by the Welsh Assy

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The fast way around Cardiff will be an unrestricted Ebike.

I like the way they quote "Local knowledge" as a factor to determine the speed limit.

Attachments

• 274104857_4974059402643863_5123529600047490288_n.jpg
    274104857_4974059402643863_5123529600047490288_n.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 274142726_4974059582643845_7539625051190188011_n.jpg
    274142726_4974059582643845_7539625051190188011_n.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 268
Roath in Cardiff had 20mph streets when I lived there from 2003-05. A bit backward up north! Lots of speed bumps too, not that they bothered my R1150GS much.

20 mph limits are all well and good , somewhere small ..... London has many 20 mph area's , to my mind all it does is cause us to pollute more, cos all the journey's take longer.

Until you need to enforce them , who does that , NOT the council . Yet another job for Mr Plod to do.

20 mph limits are all well and good , somewhere small ..... London has many 20 mph area's , to my mind all it does is cause us to pollute more, cos all the journey's take longer.

Until you need to enforce them , who does that , NOT the council . Yet another job for Mr Plod to do.

more likely civilian staff using ANPR in the enforcement agency laughably called the Road Safety Partnership funded by the council

BTW, where do you think the funding for the police comes from? You might want to examine your Council Tax bill.

It's all getting silly....local knowledge means that people who live in the area go above 20 and visitors to the area stick at 20, the fear of being caught:blast I live in a small village and that is definitely the case.
Driving my van at 20 mph is about 2k revs (same revs as 65 on the Motorway) the van and other vehicles were manufactured to the rules of the road and emissions tests at the time of manufacture..20 mph is in-between gears for a lot of cars...if you want to keep the revs low...case in point for example.. Harley Davidson designed and gets past the noise test at 30 mph etc...by activating a flap in the zorst between 28 and
33 mph to do just that.(well used to B4)
All cars fuel stats are urban 30..then 50 and 70.. cars were designed to go at these speeds. So pollution will only get worse untill we all buy new or electric cars :blast:p

Community benefits is a crock. Reducing casualties by lower speeds has been known about since the 70s, no one cared about pedestrians then. Health and well being for all, garbage. Getting people to cycle and walk more, again garbage. Travelling miles up and down the valleys will be a nightmare, especially for big trucks, low gears for miles.
Wales, very quickly becoming the slowest country in the UK.

Plenty of towns in Scotland have gone to a 20mph limit. Not really an issue.
The 20mph limit is completely pointless around my area. West Lothian Council must have spent a fortune changing it all over and everyone just goes 30 anyway which totally undermines the whole thing. 20 is ridiculously slow in a modern vehichle. I understand it for high risk areas like schools, super narrow roads etc but to just blanket it is silly which is why folk ignore it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Maybe if people actually obeyed the existing speed limits there would have been less pressure for lowering them? How many obey the 30 limit on the Caerphilly Rd "drag strip" between Morrison's and the next lights? This is a residential area FFS! How many obey the 50 limits on the A470 and A48 ?

Not long ago several high performance cars were blasting through Rhiwbina (20 zone) at I would say 60mph from my position on the pavement. Certainly much more than 30.

Like loud exhausts and antisocial riding, abuse it and it will be taken away from you...

Just a thought.

It wouldn't be so bad if they balanced this out with increasing the limit on the main through roads, which in turn would encourage traffic off the side streets.

But then this is the same lot that implemented a 50mph speed limit on the M4, between Port Talbot & Baglan, to "Improve the air quality".

IIRC - They then went on to justify it, with before & after figures, from air samples taken before the pandemic and then compared with samples taken mid-lockdown.

:blast :blast :blast

M

But then this is the same lot that implemented a 50mph speed limit on the M4, between Port Talbot & Baglan, to "Improve the air quality".

IIRC - They then went on to justify it, with before & after figures, from air samples taken before the pandemic and then compared with samples taken mid-lockdown.

:blast :blast :blast

M

That will be the same stretch of M4 that's overlooked by the steel works :blast

Back
Top Bottom