Navigator V not recognised by new Macbook Pro

Madsplash

Reaction score
EDIT: I HAVE MERGED TWO THREADS WITH THE SAME TOPIC TOGETHER
RICHARD

Hi everyone,

I've updated my Macbook Pro to the 14" one running on the M1 pro Apple Chip and with the USB C ports and to my annoyance my Navigator V is not recognised!

I have checked different cables, I have purchased a couple of different adapter and nothing changes, it does not recognise it!
It recognises it for charging but that's it!

It is not related to the Operating System (iOS Monterey) as my wife's laptop runs the same iOS and it recognises it no problem. The only difference I see is that the USB are 2.0 and not USB C and it runs on a Intel Processor instead of the Apple Chip M1 Pro.

Anyone has any experience or solutions for this?

Thank you

Jorge

Updated a Nav V a few days ago from my MacBook Air (2020) model from a USB C port, using an Apple USB C to USB adaptor, using a non standard garmin cable and although it took a few minutes, it eventually found it and all was ok.

Hi everyone,

I've updated my Macbook Pro to the 14" one running on the M1 pro Apple Chip and with the USB C ports and to my annoyance my Navigator V is not recognised!

I have checked different cables, I have purchased a couple of different adapter and nothing changes, it does not recognise it!
It recognises it for charging but that's it!

It is not related to the Operating System (iOS Monterey) as my wife's laptop runs the same iOS and it recognises it no problem. The only difference I see is that the USB are 2.0 and not USB C and it runs on a Intel Processor instead of the Apple Chip M1 Pro.

Anyone has any experience or solutions for this?

Thank you

Jorge

Mine works no problems on M1 Macs.

What adapter are you using for usb c to usb a

Mine works too.
It does not work when using an adapter. As a result I bought a dedicated USB (to fit the NaV V) to USB C cable from Amazon and that did the trick.

Thanks for that, can you share which cable you got? I also bought one from Amazon but all it does is detecting that is charging the garmin but no recognition of the device.

Mine works no problems on M1 Macs.

What adapter are you using for usb c to usb a

Hi, I've tried a cable Micro USB (for garmin slot) and USB C for mac, I also have an Adapter that works with any other HDD and also bought a genuine Apple USB C to USB 2.0 adapter.

Hi, I've tried a cable Micro USB (for garmin slot) and USB C for mac, I also have an Adapter that works with any other HDD and also bought a genuine Apple USB C to USB 2.0 adapter.

I use the genuine usb c apple one and works perfect.

BMW nav 5 & new MacBook pro

Guys,

I've got a new MacBook pro 2020 - it has no regular USB ports, just two USB C ports.

Trying to update the maps on my Nav 5 - but my new MacBook refuses to recognise or detect the Nav 5.

Now I've done the update using my old MacBook with normal old type USB ports & it works no problems.

Connecting the Nav to the USB ports of my new MacBook, I've tried a USB to USB C adaptor and also tried a micro usb to USB C proper cable.

Any ideas please ?

Software is all up to date on new MacBook including Garmin Express.

I’ve got the same issue…. Got an on-going dialogue with Garmin support over this since yesterday. Their engineers looking into it… :nenau

I’ve got the same issue…. Got an on-going dialogue with Garmin support over this since yesterday. Their engineers looking into it… :nenau

Hi, This is driving me bonkers as I haven't always got access to the previous apple laptop.
I have purchased USB HUB, an Apple dedicated adapter, a direct Micro and USB C cable (Data and Charge) and nothing seems to work!
Been in touch with Garmin and all I got was that they have reported the issue to the investigation team (how many reports will the need to solve this?)

Thanks, It's similar to the one I purchased but still no joy with the unit.
I even reinstalled Monterey operating system today thinking that it could be a solution but no, problem still there.

Same here - bought that cable from Amazon - still does not recognise the Nav 5, although it does power up from the cable.

Hi, This is driving me bonkers as I haven't always got access to the previous apple laptop.
I have purchased USB HUB, an Apple dedicated adapter, a direct Micro and USB C cable (Data and Charge) and nothing seems to work!
Been in touch with Garmin and all I got was that they have reported the issue to the investigation team (how many reports will the need to solve this?)

Same here. Have tried 3 different adaptors. All will charge my Nav 6 but none will allow updates. Continual message of ‘searching for device’…
Garmin have confirmed that they don’t do an updated / suitable lead for a USB C port, and their engineers are looking into it, but who knows when we’ll get an answer…

Back
Top Bottom