Urban GS suspension question.

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All you R9T experts,

Has anyone successfully changed the rear spring on the Urban GS for the Hyperpro progressive version as per the following link ? At around £100 this is a considerable saving over the cost of replacing the entire shocker, wondering if this is a significant improvement on the OEM unit.

https://www.webshop-hyperpro.com/en...on/rear-suspension/rear-spring/SP-BM12-SSB048

Any thoughts welcome, yes I know I am being tight, but many thanks in advance.

It would be a step forward but a correct for your weight linear spring would probably be better. You could do with calling https://www.mctsuspension.com fairly local and know what they are doing. I've had springs changed on a 1200 GSA by them almost while I waited. They would also be able to supply springs and advice. Its only a phone call.

Good luck keep us updated.

Honestly just change the rear shock for a GS one the difference is remarkable, it makes the bike very plush and for £150-200 for a decent used unit with warranty its a no brainer
changing the spring on a shite shock means youve still got a shite shock with a better spring !!

Have a look on ebay you might even find one cheaper but I think youll be wasting a £100 by doing it the other way my bike with the GS shock rides superbly now it was money well worth spending

Rob

Honestly just change the rear shock for a GS one the difference is remarkable, it makes the bike very plush and for £150-200 for a decent used unit with warranty its a no brainer
changing the spring on a shite shock means youve still got a shite shock with a better spring !!

Have a look on ebay you might even find one cheaper but I think youll be wasting a £100 by doing it the other way my bike with the GS shock rides superbly now it was money well worth spending

Rob

I’ll vouch for what Rob said. I changed mine for a 2010 1200gs rear shock which we happen to have lying around and although slightly taller it has made a big difference to the ride. I’ve also bought Matris fork inserts for the front which I’m hoping to fit in the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom