Motorway ‘blipper’ / smart tags - For ALL news, advice, how to get one and what’s best, irrespective of the country

That sounds the best/easiest option so far.

It’s almost as if you live there, and know what you’re doing. :augie

Luckily for me, I don’t need to use peage much, maybe a few times per annum but it would help negotiate the tolls and hopefully reduce the cost. I prefer using the lovely twisty under used minor roads which often pass through some beautiful villages, unless of course I need to travel a long distance quickly, then peage it is.

Luckily for me, I don’t need to use peage much, maybe a few times per annum but it would help negotiate the tolls and hopefully reduce the cost. I prefer using the lovely twisty under used minor roads which often pass through some beautiful villages, unless of course I need to travel a long distance quickly, then peage it is.

It’s super simple for a French resident, costs next to nothing and takes all the faff out of péage, especially on a bike

you’ll soon be kicking yourself for not doing it earlier:nod

It’s super simple for a French resident, costs next to nothing and takes all the faff out of péage, especially on a bike

you’ll soon be kicking yourself for not doing it earlier:nod

Thanks for the info, I’ll subscribe to Mango now, the ease and convenience will help me no end!

Cheers. :thumb

I set up, on Wapping’s advice, an account with Emovis.

I got the tag 2 days later and attached it to the van windscreen - pay attention to where to mount it as most modern windscreens will inhibit the signal.

It worked flawlessly, even when i accidentally pulled into a cash only lane. Sadly, we did a little cheer every time it worked.

It enabled Emovis to relieve me of €150 for 2 days on the peages, though as they bill monthly it’s spread over 2 months.

I highly recommend Emovis, I’m going to get an extra holder for the car, and an extra tag so we can use 2 bikes. I think they also do Spain and Portugal.

If anyone is going to sign up, let me know as I have a link which will save us both money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just check the usual web sites, the cheapest will depend upon the promotions or special offers that each is doing when you sign up, I don’t think there is such a thing as a best one

Generally you don’t pay when you don’t use them, especially if you’re signing up from France

I have an APRR / Mango tag that does France/Italy/Spain/Portugal

If I remember rightly it cost me 10 euros to sign up and it’s bloody brilliant, if you use it in a country outside France they bill straight through your French account so no hassle

On your advice, I signed up with Mang….worked brilliantly on my recent blast through France and Spain….have swapped between vehicles motorhome/ bike with no bother…👍

On your advice, I signed up with Mang….worked brilliantly on my recent blast through France and Spain….have swapped between vehicles motorhome/ bike with no bother…��
Good to hear this. Got my Mango a month or two ago and due to use it in a couple of weeks on the bike. Might eventually go back to the continent in the Moho but the pet faff is still putting us off.

Where do you stick it?

Where do you stick the mango tag on a bike? Thought I read a tank bag would work?

Thanks.

I just put mine in a chest pocket of my jacket, works fine, although I do slow to less than 30 kmh for the “30” lanes just in case :D

That makes sense……as long as I don’t come off and punch a 2in bit of rib in. 🙈🤣

Where do you stick the mango tag on a bike? Thought I read a tank bag would work?

Thanks.

I have used a jacket pocket and tankbag. I find the latter more reliable as maybe my body mass interferes with the signal, depending on the location of the receiver.

The sensor (on the 30kmh gates) is facing down on your left at a ~45 degree angle.
When keeping it in the chest pocket I noticed that I have to "lie back" a tiny bit for the sensor to read the tag. Otherwise OK on the newest gates (southern France), but those clearly work differently (induction loop I guess) and are more similar to the Italian Telepass gates = more sensitivity. (I am traveling in France right now).

I strapped my tag on the windscreen frame of my GS and works very well (I'm in France now). I'll try to find a small bag to keep it dry and make it less "zip-tie mechanic" :D :D

ulys-tag-s.png

The sensor (on the 30kmh gates) is facing down on your left at a ~45 degree angle.
When keeping it in the chest pocket I noticed that I have to "lie back" a tiny bit for the sensor to read the tag. Otherwise OK on the newest gates (southern France), but those clearly work differently (induction loop I guess) and are more similar to the Italian Telepass gates = more sensitivity. (I am traveling in France right now).

I strapped my tag on the windscreen frame of my GS and works very well (I'm in France now). I'll try to find a small bag to keep it dry and make it less "zip-tie mechanic" :D :D

ulys-tag-s.png

Thanks all. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Not sure I want to worry about a zip tied tag getting pinched, so might risk the ribs 🤔🤨🤣

I have a specific wrist holder that works fine. Another matter in the car or van though where we have to wave it out of the window to get a result.

I have a specific wrist holder that works fine. Another matter in the car or van though where we have to wave it out of the window to get a result.

there should be a portion of the windscreen without the shielding, usually near the rear view mirror - most of the tag websites have FAQs that detail the location by vehicle, or search Youtube

Under or next to the rear view mirror. Avoid the shaded/dotted area of the screen. That will block the signal.

Under or next to the rear view mirror. Avoid the shaded/dotted area of the screen. That will block the signal.

I don't know what you mean by this.

I understood from the Mango instructions that this is to be placed on the shaded/dotted area beside the rear view mirror.

Something like this.

Putting the tag inside the shaded area, works fine on all my vehicles.

This from Emovis:

The device should be positioned in the mottled or shaded area right behind your rear view mirror.

Back
Top Bottom