Motofeirme ... Anybody know about them?

yamonda1

Reaction score
A Canadian friend I met in Alaska is going to continue his RTW trip but due to shipping costs is thinking of buying over here and has found this guy in Ireland on Facebook who supplies the bike and all documentation to suit.

Anybody have any knowledge of the Company?

Any help appreciated.

Peter.

Hadn't heard of them til you posted.
It's a great idea, there is certainly a market for this, but I can't see how it works - there's so much potential for (pardon my French) fuckups.
Here's just one, from their website;
Unfortunately, Irish insurance companies will only handle clients that are residents in Ireland and have an EU or Irish license to ride a motorcycle.
So how do you get around that?
Hopefully someone else - perhaps with more knowledge of the company can help. It's a small enough country that SOMEbody here will know them! :D:thumb

... if on a personal level i can assist - by all means ask. I'd be happy to. :)

Good luck!:aidan

oh - their website address might help: https://motofeirme.com/

Thanks for that Og .. I know Paul is doing more research into insurance and will post whatever he comes up with ..

Peter

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A Canadian guy bought a bike off a friend of mine a few years back, He contacted Motoferme in Kinsale, The Canadian saw the bike on Donegal, Motoferme checked out and collected the bike, stored it and sorted all paper work including insurance, The Canadian flew in, picked up the bike, met up with my buddy for a coffee and chat and off he went around Europe, He was well impressed with Motoferme Service. They told him if he wished to come back after the trip where they would either store the bike for further trips or sell it on for him, I think but not hundred percent sure the insurance was done through a company in Bulgaria.

I’ve never met him or been to his place but he’s frequently mentioned on ADV. Never seen anything negative. HTH :aidan

Update: After a lot of deliberation Paul's just bought a new 800GSA in Winnipeg and has a deal with an airline to fly it to Europe ...

Thanks for your replies,

Peter

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I am a Canadian from Newfoundland with a bike stored with Motofeirme, Martin. I have been dealing with him since 2016. I sold my first Irish bike in 2019 and just purchased another one. I love it there and will be heading back late September. Contact Martin he can provide details if anyone is interested in keeping a bike with him.
I plan to take the ferry to Spain on this trip. This site has been a great place for information! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom