Top box

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all may not be the correct section sorry.
I’m going away for a weekend and although I will never use a load of luggage I think I may get a top box I don’t really want to spend a load of money but when I’ve finished with it I can sell it on, the question is which one.
I’ve looked at a Givi tracker outback or the BMW vario there’s a big price difference.
What are people going for, what the best answer?
I have a Givi ruck sack and I was going to buy a dry sack and just strap it to the back but then sometimes when I go out it may handy to have some where to put my helmet.

Thanks

If you just want something to lob some clothes or whatever into for a one-off jaunt, why bother with a top box at all.

I’d take the bag you’ve already got and put a bin liner in it (to keep any water out) and secure it to the bike with some Roc Straps or, at a push, string.

As regards the helmet? I’d secure it to the bike (putting it into a bin bag, if I thought it was going to rain) with a simple cable lock from Abus. I have used one like this for years: https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Abus-Combi...8onKaHQPgWwfpdKHn5AARI4ObdWi3j-gaAlGSEALw_wcB

As it’s a combination lock, there is no key to lose. As it’s simple to use, it means you’ll use it. That’s my experience if it.

If it’s a topbox you want and your not worried about looks M&P do a 47 litre one with a baseplate for around £50. I’ve had one and it will hold 2 helmets has a simple lock and is waterproof. JJH

Givi boxes are available used on eBay for modest amounts. Very useful for locking away helmets, satnavs, cameras etc

I bought a Givi outback 42L in black from sports bike, good price £260, it was getting the plate and bracket that was difficult but sorted and quite expensive for a few bits of metal but all sorted Thanks

….it was getting the plate and bracket that was difficult but sorted…

Having asked for help from the forum and received it, it might be helpful if you told everyone where you got the plate and bracket pieces from.

There’s lots of places to get them but like everything else it’s supply, the plate came from Ghost Bike but the last one and in the end the bracket was off eBay
The way things are going it’s going to get harder and harder to get things. As long as the fuel keeps coming we can carry on enjoying our selves.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom