R18

Got the Classic too. Great bike but not for every day. Amazing engine and very comfy.

Different to to my GSA and S1000 but it a great piece of kit

Cant stop riding it

I’ve now got an R18 Classic and can’t stop riding it :D I love it!

Did 500 miles in the first week of ownership. Such a great engine.

Very nice, how many miles to you get out of a tank, I've got one of these for the day on Tuesday and from what I've heard they don't have a fuel gauge??

Very nice, how many miles to you get out of a tank, I've got one of these for the day on Tuesday and from what I've heard they don't have a fuel gauge??

You'll enjoy the day :beerjug:

I get about 150 miles to a tank before reserve lights up and then another 40+ miles depending how brave you feel :beerjug:

I just reset the trip every fill up and it's no bother. Fuel guage would have been nice but not a deal breaker.

Jon

Test rode the standard one a few times and have an r18 classic coming on Wednesday - I traded my harley fat bob for it.

Don't judge me but I own a very nice 1999 r1200c too which has done around 21k miles and is "lovely" to ride.

I'm debating buying another chieftain (why of why did i sell mine to buy a sodding fat bob) to enable longass rides :)

The Classic is a great bike as you can chop and change its appearance. You get a thicker more comfortable seat and a fatter front tyre which makes for a more compliant ride.

I have my screen and pillion seat off at present but side bags on. Gives it a sort of bagger look :cool:

What colour Classic did you go for?

Jon :beerjug:

The Classic is a great bike as you can chop and change its appearance. You get a thicker more comfortable seat and a fatter front tyre which makes for a more compliant ride.

I have my screen and pillion seat off at present but side bags on. Gives it a sort of bagger look :cool:

What colour Classic did you go for?

Jon :beerjug:

I bought a second hand (under 2k miles) black with everything - reverse, alarm, locking petrol cruise etc etc - seemed a good buy to me :)

I bought a second hand (under 2k miles) black with everything - reverse, alarm, locking petrol cruise etc etc - seemed a good buy to me :)

Same as mine then :beerjug: Great choice and enjoy :beerjug:.

My recent indulgance was an option 719 seat. Slightly more padded again over standard but more for the aesthetics

Jon

Same as mine then :beerjug: Great choice and enjoy :beerjug:.

My recent indulgance was an option 719 seat. Slightly more padded again over standard but more for the aesthetics

Jon

Hi

Can I ask what the part number is for that as my dealer cannot find it - he also thinks it may be £650 ish - is that correct?

Looksvery nice though

Thanks

I think it is as yousay but the dealer wants £650 - shan't be doing that then

I think it is as yousay but the dealer wants £650 - shan't be doing that then

Dealer way off the mark there :blast

Here you go…prices were plus vat.

Give Cotswold BMW a call as they are site sponsors and give 10 to 15% discount :beerjug:

Jon

Dealer way off the mark there :blast

Here you go…prices were plus vat.

Give Cotswold BMW a call as they are site sponsors and give 10 to 15% discount :beerjug:

Jon

Thanks for that - I use Ocean who give me a discount also soi will let them see if they can get it right and if not call Cotswold

R18 classic what a Terrific bike just come back from touring France and Spain through the Pyrenees and picos 2000 miles .I’m 6.2 and with this bmw mustang seat and back rest it was amazing

Attachments

• 03086CFD-EBB2-469F-B609-59F1DC88734B.jpg
    03086CFD-EBB2-469F-B609-59F1DC88734B.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 21720B20-260D-400A-9200-F954BC4A1818.jpg
    21720B20-260D-400A-9200-F954BC4A1818.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 218
Do these have a reverse gear? Looks a big bugger to manhandle about otherwise.

All the weight is at the bottom easy to move but don’t park downhill without a reverse gear you might need to find a friend

All the weight is at the bottom easy to move but don’t park downhill without a reverse gear you might need to find a friend

Don't kid yourself. Those bikes may have weight low down but they are HEAVY. When I test rode one, I had to use a lot of lower leg against the tank to lever it off the side stand. Once moving its easier but they are a beast

Don't kid yourself. Those bikes may have weight low down but they are HEAVY. When I test rode one, I had to use a lot of lower leg against the tank to lever it off the side stand. Once moving its easier but they are a beast

I find it easier to move the R18 around over my big GSA... Having said that if it didn't have a reverse gear i'd struggle to get it reversed up my gravel driveway.....

Saw my first one of these today on the Humber Bridge this morning. Not my cup of tea but it did look smart.

Back
Top Bottom