R18

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I couldn’t find a specific place to pose this question but that probably speaks volumes in itself. Has anyone bought one? Ridden one? Seen one on the road? I keep looking and actually sat on one today. Not as cramped as I thought for my 6’ 2”.
Any feedback welcome. I am going to book a test ride.

Ghastly things; a pointless pastiche that manages to miss the target. What were they thinking.

In the US, where many are still glued to the dealer's showroom floor, I hear talk of $10k discounts & the full red carpet treatment.

There must be a few around the UK dealers still ........... https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=BMW+R18

Why would you though? Do tell us how that test ride goes. Better still go talk to HD/Indian if you want a proper cruiser.

Article in last weeks MCN stating they were at 0% finance because dealers couldnt shift new. Nearly new were £4k off with in their words room to haggle for more. If you like your test ride haggle hard for a deal.

Had one at the MCN show. Looked ok...nowhere to stretch your legs forward cruiser style cos of the big boxer pots. Indians were comfier

I test rode one when they were launched I think it would be a fun 2nd bike or if you just want a Sunday sunny morning bike, I enjoyed it. I see quite a few sub 1000 mile bikes from main dealers for under 14k!! So don’t buy new��

A guy at work has one, he likes it, but its not a GS, RT etc, it's an R18

It is what it is, he reckons its heavy at low speeed, but at least you can get your feet down ;)

I like the look of the new panniered & faired model :)

Article in last weeks MCN stating they were at 0% finance because dealers couldnt shift new. Nearly new were £4k off with in their words room to haggle for more. If you like your test ride haggle hard for a deal.

Just like the old R1200C

Dealers couldn’t shift them

Dreadful Rear shock needed a new item and once you fitted a Maxton shock the handling was much improved

Now the R1200C is a cult classic

The R18 probably will be too

Mate of mine has one and loves it, actually got rid of his HD to buy it. Mind you he also has a Zero and loves that as well so his taste is a little different to most..... He's considering buying the Trans Continental version later this year...

He's considering buying the Trans Costa…mental version later this year...

Fixed

c8bfe7922d5f59fbe74160b0dda8e5a2.jpg

But also, nope!

In Germany, the R18 sold 1339 units in 2021 which was more than the best selling H-D, the Street Bob 114 with 950 units.

I connot confirm if there were any special offers at the time (there are none a the moment), perhaps a German resident could help.

Germany is a good market for cruisers, with H-D selling more than twice as many bikes as Suzuki in 2021.

Just like the old R1200C

Dealers couldn’t shift them

Dreadful Rear shock needed a new item and once you fitted a Maxton shock the handling was much improved

Now the R1200C is a cult classic

The R18 probably will be too

I saw a R1200C last weekend on the road.....1st time in probably 10 years I've seen one being actually ridden.

I’ve now got an R18 Classic and can’t stop riding it :D I love it!

Did 500 miles in the first week of ownership. Such a great engine.

I’ve now got an R18 Classic and can’t stop riding it :D I love it!

Did 500 miles in the first week of ownership. Such a great engine.

Aha,thought you might be along for a comment ;) Glad you're still enjoying the bike!!

Kimbo

Me too!! Bought one after seeing it built in the showroom and fell for it straight away. Love the colour, engine and looks. Can’t stop riding it..
Even got rid of my Urban to buy it!!

Attachments

• B56C8AA3-80B8-4D25-849B-19FEC77E128D.jpg
    B56C8AA3-80B8-4D25-849B-19FEC77E128D.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 3EF011AB-589D-437C-86F3-29CCFCCD5072.jpg
    3EF011AB-589D-437C-86F3-29CCFCCD5072.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 231E5895-7593-4969-BED6-36C3D1A93237.jpg
    231E5895-7593-4969-BED6-36C3D1A93237.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 353
Test rode the continental. I'm 5"7. it felt cramped. Looked amazing but not for me as I use my bike daily. Couldn't get used to the brake pedal, its so tucked away. Gearbox and torque were lovely, but deffo not a bike I'd take to Waitrose or commute on. Looks lovely and sounds great but just a bit cramped to be honest

Back
Top Bottom