2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT Suspension 2 up

Simmo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I went for a road test on a 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT with 4000 miles on it and was suitably impressed with it, was completely standard and in very good condition. It seemed to handle well on the original Dunlop tyres but it did not like going over white lines, they agreed to put on new tyres.
As you do I’ve been reading about the bikes today and have seen that the suspension isn’t up to 2 up riding without heavier rate springs, I weigh 100KG and my wife weighs 80KG in our gear.
Has anyone had any problems? TIA

It depends on the number of times you're taking a pillion on a ride. If it's frequently, i would get a shock designed for the weight (most suppliers - Nitron, Hagon etc, ask if you need a beefier spring for riding 2 up) . If not, leave as is and ride with the thought in mind of having reduced suspension capabilities.

Also, check the MGW the Bike can take to make sure you're not over it when you included any luggage etc

I was a big Tracer fan, but was put off bike the relatively low MGW. As I remember it’s something like 180kg, which is not much for two people and luggage. Worth checking out exactly what it is.

I know the new Tracer 9 and 9 GT have higher rated subframes, but I reckon that unless you fit a giant top box too, and fill them to bursting, then you should be alright. As the previous posters have said, check the manufacturers recommendations and be sensible about what you carry.

Thanks for your replies chaps. The 2019 Tracer Max weight is 179 KG as Akulaking says. The latest one is 191KG.
This seems very low when a Tiger Sport 660 or 1050 is 220KG.

Back
Top Bottom