Lone rider tent - discount codes or cheapest supplier

shakey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I have a burning desire to buy a lone rider tent but i am as poor as a church mouse.

Anyone seen any discount codes or know anyone selling cheaper than the LW website £426..?

Thanks

Shakey

I've never seen a discount code for them. Check on eBay as occasionally they go on there. As far as i'm aware they only sell direct, no franchised dealers as such.

They were on sale in November (Black Friday) for £350.

Useful, thank you

I've never seen a discount code for them. Check on eBay as occasionally they go on there. As far as i'm aware they only sell direct, no franchised dealers as such.

They were on sale in November (Black Friday) for £350.

There must be discount codes available from time to time, or their check out section wouldn't include a discount code option. There was one posted on this forum a while back ADVTHOR, but that's not applicable any more. I'm still trying to decide between the LR and Redverz Solo.

Never seen one in the couple of years i've been following them. Perhaps the discount code section is for individual codes they hand out if giving a discount based on damaged goods maybe, or handing out freebies?

Usually when they're offering money off they update the price on the site and you pay it, rather than full price-discount code.

The price looks to be similar for both tents, as do most stats. But the LR is a 10KMM flysheet, meaning it's not only resistant to Rain, but also UV weathering and wear and tear. Also think it's slightly bigger too?

Well, bit the bullet and went for the Lone Rider. Was quite impressed how small the box it came in was. It won’t be fitting in that again in a hurry, that’s for sure. I think more practise in packing it away is needed, rather than in putting it up.

Which version of the Lone Rider did you go for? I like the porch area of the Moto, and the ability to stand up

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Which version of the Lone Rider did you go for? I like the porch area of the Moto, and the ability to stand up

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

judging by the price it was the full tent, not the smaller adventure one.

I tend to pack the poles away separately to the tent now when loading the bike up. They don’t necessarily need to be kept dry unlike the tent.

Yep, went for the Moto. In my mid 70’s, so the ability to stand up, especially when dressing, will be a revelation. Although the pegs look good, I think they only might suit firm soil. Was considering 4 of the Delta Ground Anchor Power Pegs for the guy ropes. The description and blurb sounds good, does anyone have any experience of these.

Yep, went for the Moto. In my mid 70’s, so the ability to stand up, especially when dressing, will be a revelation. Although the pegs look good, I think they only might suit firm soil. Was considering 4 of the Delta Ground Anchor Power Pegs for the guy ropes. The description and blurb sounds good, does anyone have any experience of these.

I bought one last year, I have used it three or four times last year. It really is a great tent with plenty of room in the porch but it’s not huge in the sleeping area, fine for two but not anymore.
I erected it my garden a couple of times just to get my head round it, I bought it for the extra head room as well as occasional use with the wife, definitely no regrets buying it and it seems to be good quality.

Delta Ground Anchor Power Pegs for the guy ropes. The description and blurb sounds good, does anyone have any experience of these.

yep and used them only a couple of weeks ago, on exactly the same tent (well different name) mine is the yellow nomad but its the same thing. The ground anchor pegs are fantastic had them for a couple of years, used them in wet boggy ground at the dragon a couple of years ago and they held just fine, they are very good in loose sand as well

yep and used them only a couple of weeks ago, on exactly the same tent (well different name) mine is the yellow nomad but its the same thing. The ground anchor pegs are fantastic had them for a couple of years, used them in wet boggy ground at the dragon a couple of years ago and they held just fine, they are very good in loose sand as well
Thanks for your reply bowser, that’s good enough for me. I’ll order this morning. I’ll have a few more garden practise sessions over the weekend, then that will be it before the tents first proper outing at Le Mans next month for the opening round of EWC.

I have 6 Delta pegs that dug into the Uist Machair on a couple of blowy nights!

The titanium skewers that came with the Tera Nova were shamefully shite ... and that is a compliment to them.

I have 6 Delta pegs that dug into the Uist Machair on a couple of blowy nights!

The titanium skewers that came with the Tera Nova were shamefully shite ... and that is a compliment to them.

I have some 6 inch nail spike ones that I made myself and they are great for very hard packed ground but for sod all else

I’ve just ordered a set of 4 Delta Ground Anchors to try with my tarp! :thumb2
Never come across them before.

I have some 6 inch nail spike ones that I made myself and they are great for very hard packed ground but for sod all else

We use ‘pegs’ made from 6” nails with aluminium tops to hold our awning down when pitching the motorhome on a tarmac surface. Probably a bit naughty of us but they work and that’s all we want of them 😀

We use ‘pegs’ made from 6” nails with aluminium tops to hold our awning down when pitching the motorhome on a tarmac surface. Probably a bit naughty of us but they work and that’s all we want of them ��
This seemed a good idea in the early 2000’s, when more paddock areas at race circuits got tarmacced. However I remember at Rockingham, those teams that had employed that method, getting hefty bills for the tarmac repairs. Word got round, and suddenly 56lb weights became gold dust.

I have a full set of 18 titanium Hilleberg Stinger pegs that for some strange reason came with the tent.
It would seem they currently retail at £80 for 6, so a £240 mistake by someone?

https://www.basecampgear.co.uk/pegs...Wd-zW5oLIZsUYW7ZPKbeSmJSlJZFkc54aAuS9EALw_wcB

Anyway, these things are pretty amazing, and can be hammered into really rocky ground.

Then you get to Terra Nova's offering ...

https://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/terra-nova-terra-nova-titanium-1g-skewer-pegs-6-pack-sku51416201.asp

... which is no more than a gesture to keep the total weight down to a claimed minimum.

I loaded mine up with peppers and lobbed them on the Weber Go Anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom