High Mileage Super Tenere

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This has just been posted on the Super Tenere forum.

Says it all really!

Mike

Attachments

• OLD S10.jpg
    OLD S10.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 446
If only they didn't weigh half a ton. Brilliant, massively underrated bike

If only they didn't weigh half a ton. Brilliant, massively underrated bike

Weight isn’t so important when you haven’t got to push it every time it breaks down though…..

Amazing story. I’m hoping mine will last me to 100k eventually. I’m so glad I bought mine last year, and what a deal. Second hand ones are advertised for more than mine cost me new.

Must be nice not to be afraid to keep it without an extended warranty

Nice to see that.Ive just put a deposit on a 2016 one so waiting for delivery and its great to see good reviews on these because im buying without seeing it in person. Im not getting rid of my 1150gs though.

I've seen a few high mileage ones in the US and they just seem to eat big miles with minimum issues which is why I bought mine.

Most Jap bikes are good.
Extended warranty is one thing but if you are abroad it will mess with your trip. Far better to have reliability me thinks.

Booked to go Spain October...
If I take the BMW I will shell out for a warranty. Bike has done 12k.
If I take the TDM 900 then I will not need warranty. Bike has done 28k

How many miles have you done Chris ?

Not many Rushy due to Covid. I had planned a US Coast to Coast and Alaska this year on it this year but can't ship anything at the moment.

Saying that, got a few trips planned in Europe this year plus an Iron Butt so that will test it.

Bit of a wind up on the S10 forum

Apparently the guy was talking about his jacket!

His bike has 'only' got 281k under it's wheels.

He describes it as riding like new and is not for sale!

Mike

Strange thing is that Yamaha offer an extensive extended warranty in the States but not in the UK

I suppose Yamaha sell the extended warranty expecting nothing to go wrong, whereas BMW sell it expecting things to go wrong…. ! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom