Tyre changers who uses 'em?

Fluffy Bridges

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any of the assembled brethren change their own (road) tyres and what do you use?

I've seen manual lash-ups on the net and they all look the same and not very inspiring. I'm used to changing mx tyres by grunting and use of foul language on the floor but the recent purchase of a hydraulic bench has turned me soft. It's also an age thing, so I'm told. Something with a bead breaker essential.

Want to use it for the Guzz, GSA, XRR, and K12 so a mixture of sizes.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the reply, Phil.
That's where in going to end up, I think.
Simon.

https://max2h.com/en/

I have used one of these very successfully for a couple of years now, I bought a kit including the balancer. It took a few goes to master it, but once you have the knack it is surprisingly easy. The only tip I would give is with the wide sports type, I struggled on one occasion as the tyre had been sat in the garage, it was during the winter the tyre was cold and less flexible.

I now stick them in the airing cupboard overnight before fitting. This company often have 'special offers', but even then they are not cheap, and possibly not very competitive now as there will be import duty. I have now paid for mine and am working in credit!

https://max2h.com/en/

I have used one of these very successfully for a couple of years now, I bought a kit including the balancer. It took a few goes to master it, but once you have the knack it is surprisingly easy. The only tip I would give is with the wide sports type, I struggled on one occasion as the tyre had been sat in the garage, it was during the winter the tyre was cold and less flexible.

I now stick them in the airing cupboard overnight before fitting. This company often have 'special offers', but even then they are not cheap, and possibly not very competitive now as there will be import duty. I have now paid for mine and am working in credit!

I have the slightly older version of this, been using it for about 4 years, it’s already paid for itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used a Sealey one for years. I've modified the jaws to my own design, and you definitely need to buy a better tyre bar (ie, stainless with nylon ends). I bolt the tyre changer down when using it.

I then use a cheapo static balancer, but use ABBA wheel adapters for accuracy. This kit has paid for itself many times over

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

As the local fitting place charged only £10k/wheel to change tyres and dispose of old, I stopped wasting my time and energy struggling with my own. I still balance them myself as the tyre place didn't have the necessary bits for their machine.

As the local fitting place charged only £10k/wheel to change tyres and dispose of old, I stopped wasting my time and energy struggling with my own. I still balance them myself as the tyre place didn't have the necessary bits for their machine.

At £10k/wheel I’d trade the bike in when it needed new tyres.

Back
Top Bottom