tubless

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for pointers or recommendations to go tubeless on my T7 with the standard rims. I wouldn't rule out changing the wheels if the cost was reasonable.
Haan have a nice selection but expensive. Alpina nice but expensive.

Bf.

I have Alpina tubeless wheels on my T120 Bonneville. Good quality kit, but as you say expensive. I believe Alpina make or did make the wheels fitted to Moto Guzzi Stelvios and some KTM models..

To change your rims to tubeless the first thing is to check if you have safety rims. The have a little hump just inside the rim which holds the tyre against the rim in case of a sudden deflation. I did mine on a f800 gsa which worked on the back but was unsuccessful on the front. I put sicoline on the end of the spokes then taped around the rim with denso tape. If you can get the correct fitment tubeless it’s probably the best bet JJH

T700 tubeless

The standard Yamaha wheels have the safety bumps on the rear but not on the front.

The cheapest way is to have the front wheel rim replace with an SM pro rim (central wheels with new Bulldog spokes)and Airtight system.

The rear could be Just Airtight conversion,I would have central wheel comp replace with Bulldog stainless spoke as original are crap.

Not that cheap and all dead money when come to sell.

I removed the standard wheels when new (stored with protective wax)
I managed to source Haan for a price I could not believe in lockdown just before we left the EU official When I come to sell bike new owner will get an immaculate pair of standard wheels and I will get back 75% on my investment on the Haan wheels.

Back
Top Bottom