Stickers

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the safest way to remove those annoying stickers on the petrol tank. I have a Street Triple RS with Matt black paint?

What is the safest way to remove those annoying stickers on the petrol tank. I have a Street Triple RS with Matt black paint?
Probably a hairdryer and a very sharp blade or razor, play the hairdryer over the surface and lift an edge of the sticker and continue to apply heat whilst lifting with the blade and a finger. Clean off residue with white spirit or similar...
Maybe best with an empty tank and open filler with a rag stuffed in loosely.... and done outside

I asked my dealer not to stick them on my Scambler…. He ignored me saying Triumph say they have to…

Got the bike home, warmed them with a hairdryer and with a finger nail they pealed off easily….please do not use something sharp as suggested.. that will go very wrong…

They peel off real easy once warmed.

Also be careful with nail polish remover… that is evil shit……

Use rubbing alcohol, isopropyl….gently for any glue residue

The 2010 Rocket III Touring I recently purchased still had them fitted to the tank

Those stickers had been on there 12 years

I was dreading taking them off and finding they were hiding a scratch :D

Thanks Twizzle, saved me a job.

P

I asked my dealer not to stick them on my Scambler…. He ignored me saying Triumph say they have to…

Got the bike home, warmed them with a hairdryer and with a finger nail they pealed off easily….please do not use something sharp as suggested.. that will go very wrong…

They peel off real easy once warmed.

Also be careful with nail polish remover… that is evil shit……

Use rubbing alcohol, isopropyl….gently for any glue residue

Yep. Love it. Spent a bit extra getting how I want but worth it. Think this might be a keeper. With the cut away pipes on it, it certainly has a road presence. Still getting used to the short shifting to get the best from it but very happy with it.

P

Hope the Scram is behaving for you?… still enjoying it?

Yep. Love it. Spent a bit extra getting how I want but worth it. Think this might be a keeper. With the cut away pipes on it, it certainly has a road presence. Still getting used to the short shifting to get the best from it but very happy with it.

P

Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom