Landscapes review (DEFRA )

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
They want you to fill in a questionnaire regarding proposals and some of those proposals will have an impact on our right to ride on byways.

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/future...-to-the-landscapes-review/consultation/intro/

You don’t have to take part in the survey but you can be sure that thousands of rambliars will return it and they want us banned so it’s best to put your case across as politely as possible 😀

They do look as if they’re trying to slam the door shut on recreational use of legal byways if they can so I followed the TRF advice.

It’s very hard to be optimistic about the future of riding motorbikes on byways if we don’t kick back but it’s worth at least trying.

2 days to go, its very quiet on this on most forums, so I can only assume that most people who own offroad bikes who like to ride on these tracks aren’t that bothered. Guess there will be shedloads of CRF250/300L’s and Rally’s up for sale soon then, along with most other trail bike makes.

Submitted, following TRF's advice.

Looks grim though.

It's a bit of a shame. Offroading in Italy is a mess. Completely unregulated. People just go "hoping for the best". I came to like a lot the system here in the UK.

The local TRF Group collapsed here when the NERC Act came in to being

Many members decided that they would still ride the same trails they always had despite them now being down graded from RUPP's to Restricted Byway status. Best not to bring the TRF in to disrepute should we be stopped was the thought so many didn't bother rejoining :)

Most of the guys I know who ride off road didn’t bother completing the questionnaire and said it no longer made a difference what we want to happen, the lobby supporting total closures is too strong. That’s a bit too defeatist for my liking but you can’t force people to defend what they’re prepared to lose.

I hope not.

Funnily enough, today I went on a walk on the Surrey Hills (an activity I don't normally do – I'm more used to cycling) and part of the walk is through some of the lanes I generally do on the motorbike as well.
Every time I ride on greenlanes, I always assume I am being a massive nuisance to all the people on foot/pushbikes I cross my path with.

Today we had a couple of bike groups (one group had TRF stickers, wild guess: some of South London and Surrey guys) passing by us. 30 second for the bikes to get through. Lots of nodding/waving. 2 minutes for the noise to come and (completely) go away.
Honest to god, I don't see what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom