N2 in Portugal

Come on Robbi, I shall make you welcome, just PM me for my address and I will go out of my way to make you feel at home.

Careful now with these invites - you could end up with me on your doorstep! :p

Careful now with these invites - you could end up with me on your doorstep! :p

I think that att has something truly devilish in mind for our Northern Ireland correspondent. It will probably involve nakedness, lots of nakedness.

Currently on the N2 now, about 2/3rds of the way southbound. It wasn’t in our plan (such as it was) until we spoke to a biker Bod on the ferry who was planning to ride it.

1. A lot of it is not very well signposted. The road disappears a few times being absorbed into a greater road, or turns into some very minor roads. I’ve given up on being slavish to the actual road and have taken the more obvious way on other roads a few times already.
2. There are some very tedious stretches mainly in or near the bigger towns.
3. Equally though there are some just fantastic stretches of endless twisty mountain roads. The corners just keep on coming and coming. There’s more fun bits than tedious bits so far.
4. On the whole its slow going. It’s going to take us 5 shortish days north to south (10am ish to 4pm ish with at least three 30-60 minute stops. I ain’t trying to go fast at all though.

For a hotel with a difference about an hour from the north end (in Spain) try the “rock star hotel. Rooms include a garage for your bike. We had the Freddie Mercury room.

That’s it done. It’s a lot faster at the south end - say from Mora southwards. It’s more of a major road and an obvious road to follow so navigation is dead easy. Still twisty in the mountainous parts but mostly it is easy straight roads passing through vast groves of cork trees. Towns are nicer down here with a distinctive Portuguese feel. Enjoyed it but the last roundabout is on the inner ring road or something. I did a couple of victory laps and seemed to cause chaos so no stopping for photos.

Back
Top Bottom