2006 R1200GS Adventure

sheffstaff

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered if anyone else has come across this issue bogging down on acceleration.

I took it for a run not been ridden since November and starts fine no issues gets warm then taken for a ride first gear to third gear ok then if i accelerate in third the bike bogs down lets revs off no problem will run fine but again if i accelerate the same issue. dont know if bike has had some sediment in bottom of Tank and it has been drawn through or if there is another issue just wondered if anyone else has had the same issues?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I would look at stick coils first. Make sure the connections to them haven’t worked loose and that they are sitting on the plugs correctly.
One or more may have broken down and whilst the bike will run with not all 4 working correctly, it will bog down as you say, under acceleration.
Check them by putting a spark plug on each in turn (leaving the original plugs in the cylinder heads to prevent fuel spraying everywhere), place against the engine casing (not the magnesium valve covers) and turn engine over on the ignition. They should produce a good strong spark.

Are you running it on fresh fuel? Old E10 fuel goes off and will affect things!

Hi thanks for replies i have put fresh fuel and also changed plugs still same problems will do some more investigating if anyone has any tips would be very grateful.

Hi all thanks for info took coil off tried old Plug on all coils and it was the top coil on right hand side very weak spark so ordered a second hand coil off eBay arrived today fitted and hey presto problem solved. Thanks for input everyone this forum and the people on here are fantastic a lovely community once again Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom