Helmet Cams

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just fitted a helmet cam on my cycle helmet as I am sick of being invisible to other road users. In just 3 outings I have saved about 5 clips of dodgy driving including one where I was overtaken by a rozzer coming up to a mini roundabout when he/she should have shown some patience.
I thought I would start a thread where others can post their pics too. Hopefully these may help raise awareness for those who who never realised that cyclists exist.
The screenshots don’t do justice to the full video clips but give an idea.

I
d57ae0f36b684759a23e418528ff65b4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How's this one bad driving, overtakes you passing you wide with plenty of room and vision is good for the approaching bend?

Ref the double white lines: " You are permitted to straddle or cross a continuous solid white line to enter a side road or property, to manoeuvre round a stationary vehicle blocking your side of the road, "to overtake a cyclists", horse or a road works vehicle moving at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less"

5f0fc545a7bc2cde1785886fe18b1efa.jpg

How's this one bad driving, overtakes you passing you wide with plenty of room and vision is good for the approaching bend?

Ref the double white lines: " You are permitted to straddle or cross a continuous solid white line to enter a side road or property, to manoeuvre round a stationary vehicle blocking your side of the road, "to overtake a cyclists", horse or a road works vehicle moving at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less"

As I said, the screenshots don’t do justice. I was doing between 18 and 20 mph and that corner is also a lot closer than it looks in the photo. Sure I wasn’t put in danger but dodgy driving in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cycle every day in the week and don’t see any problems re your photos. Some drivers are a bit tight but not dangerous unless I fall off and I don’t intend to. You seem a little nervous out on your bike but maybe it’s the areas where you are that might be different to my routes.

I cycle every day in the week and don’t see any problems re your photos. Some drivers are a bit tight but not dangerous unless I fall off and I don’t intend to. You seem a little nervous out on your bike but maybe it’s the areas where you are that might be different to my routes.

I have done 4500 miles in 2 and a half years on my current bike and about 15k miles on my previous bike so nervous? I don’t think so. Careful? Yes. I have had my jacket sleeve tugged by car mirrors twice, been forced off the road onto a pavement by a car pulling a caravan who overtook and pulled back in before he had passed, been forced off the road by a RAC van driver, forced off the road by an artic driver who didn’t seem to know how long his vehicle was etc etc etc. I wear visible clothing and have lights and ride predominantly in Lincolnshire. If you only have good drivers on your routes I am pleased for you.

As I said, the screenshots don’t do justice. I was doing between 18 and 20 mph and that corner is also a lot closer than it looks in the photo.

This comes up on cycle forums, the fact that the pics/videos never really show how close the pass was.

Wish I had a camera when a Fedex driver overtook me, on a narrow country road, approaching a blind bend. Two cars coming around the blind bend had to completely leave the road onto a grass bank, to avoid the tw@.

Oh fucking cycle cvnts.

If you all didn’t cycle like twats. Then people would respect them more.

The more dangerous they feel, the more likely they will stop cycling and that will make me happier

Bought a Chilli cam but mount on the handlebars. Surprising how many near misses show up on playback!
Most of my friends cycle with cams these days.

Back
Top Bottom