HEX ezCAN

richard shaw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of getting HEX ezCAN for the gs , has many used it and what’s the general opinion, any information would be helpful
Thanks for any reply’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted one. It gives additional options for the horn,fog lights and rear brake brake light all of which enable rider safety. I commute on my bike so having the facility to have the fog lights strobe when you press the horn has saved my bacon on a few occasions.

As above, good for adding in extra lights and functionality if you need/want it.

PS i have 1 for sale currently, not sure if it fits the pre LC GS but can check and let you know if its of interest?

Just checked and I think that it will not work on early gs , thanks for your reply

Just checked and I think that it will not work on early gs , thanks for your reply

Then you haven't checked properly :nono

There are two versions of the hexezcan one for the Hexhead models - Air / oil cooled and one for the later watercooled models (LC )

so getting the right one for your model is important

Once you have the right model then you get to play with the cool features

Adding extra lamps
Strobing lamps when the horn is pressed
Add air horns
Extra brake lights
Add heater gear from the diN socket

With the Gen II unit you can

Add extra spotlamps, have then turn on / off with the indicators

Strobing with the horn / hazards

Add extra brake lamps

Flashing brake light on deceleration

vary the lamp intensity

etc etc

so they can do loads of things

whether you want the features or not is up to you

There are two versions of the hexezcan one for the Hexhead models - Air / oil cooled and one for the later watercooled models (LC ) so getting the right one for your model is important

Actually, there are a lot more than two models. ;)
As of this writing, there are dedicated ezCANs for R1200 LCs (which are unique to LCs), R1200 Hexheads (which are unique to Hexheads), K1600s (which are designed for six-cylinder K1600s, S1000XR, and F750s, F850s and F900s), and F800s (which are designed for all F800 models, and for K1300S and K1300GT).

There are also ezCANs for 790, 890, 1050, 1090, 1190 and 1290-engined KTMs; Softail, Cruiser, Sportster, Dyna, Trike, Touring and Pan America Harley-Davidsons; and for the new Honda Africa Twin.

In total, there are nine different iterations of the ezCAN on the market right now. None of them will work on bikes they weren't specifically designed for, because each one was designed to accomodate different CANBUS requirements between manufacturer - and sometimes, different CANBUS requirements within a manufacturer's product lineup.

This is why it's so important to choose the right one. Go to hexezcan.com if you're not sure.

I think I know the answer to this but to check....
I have a Hex EZ Can on my 2011 R1200GS - K25 (air cooled) which I am considering swapping for a R1250GS - K50. I believe that the EZCan fitted on the former is incompatible with the latter if only by looking at the Hex Products Infographic the leads are different and, I assume, cannot be swapped.

Answer from Hex (Jan Kleyn)

"Unfortunately they will not work with each other, they connect to the bikes differently. For the K25 we use the DWA connector and for the newer bikes the RDC connector. They also have different CANbus messaging so it will not work."

Back
Top Bottom