BMW panniers on a Triumph Tiger 1200

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to fit BMW Aluminium panniers to a Triumph Tiger 1200?

A relevant question for someone considering changing marques

Anything is possible if you are or know a fabricator, I bought some used bmw lc panniers rails and adapted them to fit my KTM 1090 so that I can use the panniers off the BMW on it.

It cost £50 for the used rails and £30 for the steel plate and tubing and paint, I will eventually powder coat them.

Panniers will only be suitable if the Triumph has the exhaust on the same side as the BMW you intend taking them off due to the cut outs

If you look on page 669 of the thread ' WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR BIKE TODAY '

Very different exhaust position on the Tiger, high up and it’s a fairly large diameter lump, I would have thought the boxes would need to stick out quite bit to make them look balanced on the bike. Might be ok with the GSA ones but I don’t think Varios will work.

Al.

Very different exhaust position on the Tiger, high up and it’s a fairly large diameter lump, I would have thought the boxes would need to stick out quite bit to make them look balanced on the bike. Might be ok with the GSA ones but I don’t think Varios will work.

Al.

I found putting the bmw rails on the ktm I was able to tuck them in closer to the bike so reducing the panniers overall width

Thanks for the replies, seems to be a little less than straightforward

Back
Top Bottom