Roadglide

Quick question please guys.

Now done 2,000 miles and about to head to Spain and Portugal with a few mates.

Does the Nav system recognise when you enter a different country and will the Nav work okay ?

Apparently I’m in charge of Booking.com and finding the places to stay :blast

Quick question please guys.

Now done 2,000 miles and about to head to Spain and Portugal with a few mates.

Does the Nav system recognise when you enter a different country and will the Nav work okay ?

Apparently I’m in charge of Booking.com and finding the places to stay :blast

If it works like all other satnavs not sure why it wouldn't.

An easy test - open Sat Nav from your drive - plan a route to Porto in Portugal ( other countries are available)

See if it routes you through France and Spain

Job done

And I don’t mean hard drive…. I meant have your bike on the drive….:p:p

As an absolute technophobe, I'm always a bit wary with this sort of thing.

I know the GSA does it but haven't taken the Roadglide anywhere yet - except Aviemore

Cheers all!

As long as you have euro maps added /included you will be fine I suspect..

There have been issues with Nav V deleting parts of Europe when people are updating their maps which has only become apparent when they've arrived in France.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/582443-Latest-map-update-possible-problems

I believe this is often referred to as “Doing a Nutty” having been named after the first, and most hilarious report, of this happening to a former gentleman of this Parrish who was then most pissed off to have to follow his mate everywhere on their European jaunt ! :D

In fairness I had the same when travelling to France in July. Went outside with the Nav and planned a route in France and it couldn’t find it. Reloaded the maps sorted it out although I’m glad I checked before getting off the big boat.

Barry

It only fucking works :JB

That made me laugh… and I am pleased as when I get home from fucking rainy Devon, I am hoping to get over for a solo ride around the WWI sites in Belgium/France for a few days. Boom Box is updated so hopefully the Nav will be sorted

Back
Top Bottom