Connected app - non-TFT bike - jog wheel control

shaunandco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I managed to get out for an hour or two today to try the app in the cradle. It definitely has some plus points but also some negatives. These are the things I like and dislike about it.

Firstly I like the inductive charging and the all round feel of the unit. It holds the phone (iPhone 11 Pro) really well, I have it in a Torras case which is really slim but makes the fit nigh on perfect.

The sun was bright and low but could read it easy enough, better than the nav 5 but not as good as the nav 6.

I like how when listening to say podcasts (I presume music as well) the audio directions pauses the sound/track then restarts after the directions have finished.

I like the way the map and directions are laid out with the countdown to the turn on the right of the screen, seems to be 100ft for every mark. I also like the option to choose alternative routes while riding.

That leads me to what I'm not so keen on, you can't change the routing preference while moving, you have to stop the route, you add a new destination, select alternative routes but not the preference??

Obviously no off road routing or mapping.

It shows the speed limit in the top left hand corner minus 1mph, so a 60 speed limit is displayed as 59mph, which is fine even though it makes no sense to me, but there is no actual speed shown like in a proper nav, that would be convenient, or a change colour if you where to over speed, but I suppose that works ok with TFT screens.

No postcode search function, that is a massive omission in my opinion. But that could be my old fashioned way of entering a location.

Lack of adaption on the bike info screen, like you can on the nav, probably not required on TFT but is handy on analogue clock bikes.

This app could have been amazing but it just falls a little short, if you want to let the app direct you from A to B with the addition of a few waypoints it will do that fine, but if they made a few additions like current speed, ability to control what you see on the info screen and let it not reroute the off road GPX files you send it then it would be almost perfect.

Hi.
I too like listening to podcasts and music but is there any way to use the jog wheel to control them on the non tft display?
Thanks

I'm just starting to use my cradle and app. ASnd I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology, hence what may be a rather stoopid question.

Is there any way to add your speed to the display? I cant seem to find anything on this at all, which may be me being stoopid or that it simply cant be done.

TIA

I presume you are on pre tft? If so the answer is no.

Back
Top Bottom