Womens jacket.

Scotsrick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying my OH an ARMR textile jacket.

To be honest it's crap. Windproofing is very poor and the arms must have been tailored for an orangutan.

The reviews seemed okay and it was recommended but at the price I should have known.

Anyway to cut to the chase she needs something better but I'm struggling to find much in ladies bigger sizes.

Lots of stuff I've never heard of at £100 - £150 but I've been there and I'm not getting my fingers burnt again.

Any recommendations for a jacket that's relatively wind/waterproof in size 24 from a decent maker?

Guessing on a jacket to fit over female boobs is something I would not do. I took my OH to a decent clothing shop and she wanted a 3XL in an RST jacket, yet she is an L or XL in a style of BMW jacket.

Dainese and Alpinestars would be a good start, definitely Halvarssons.

Good luck!!

My wife suffers from having a large chest !!!!!! It is a pain finding kit that fits ,however, RICHA do specific ladies sizes that do fit and that are very good quality for the price although you may have to up your budget to the £200 mark

If you look on their website there is a full sizing chart but I would say find a stockist and try it on .

I got a Richa jacket in the end from Saltire up in Edinburgh (you're right about the odd sizing, I won't say how many x's were in the size) but bought a Rev It Solar 2 mid layer as well just to be on the safe side.

We were out yesterday and although it didn't drop below double figures she was warm enough.

Just need to get the hands sorted out now. She's got arthritis in the hands and they get cold very quickly. Even 'winter' gloves don't keep her hands warm.

We bought Gerbing heated gloves but they're a bugger to use. Too tight to go over the top and too bulky to go inside especially using the batteries. I've got cables to plug in but we gave up first time she tried them and haven't attempted to use them since. Has anyone got any tips on the best way?

I'll just be glad when it gets warmer :thumb

I got a Richa jacket in the end from Saltire up in Edinburgh (you're right about the odd sizing, I won't say how many x's were in the size) but bought a Rev It Solar 2 mid layer as well just to be on the safe side.

We were out yesterday and although it didn't drop below double figures she was warm enough.

Just need to get the hands sorted out now. She's got arthritis in the hands and they get cold very quickly. Even 'winter' gloves don't keep her hands warm.

We bought Gerbing heated gloves but they're a bugger to use. Too tight to go over the top and too bulky to go inside especially using the batteries. I've got cables to plug in but we gave up first time she tried them and haven't attempted to use them since. Has anyone got any tips on the best way?

I'll just be glad when it gets warmer :thumb

Winter gloves with silk liner gloves

Most of my wife’s friends have Klim kit - specific female cut and quality gear.

Back
Top Bottom