Using a dumb phone with the Connected app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
One slightly annoying thing came to my attention.

I put an old iPhone with no SIM card into the cradle, intending to use it as a hub for the Connected app to run off. This worked fine except that I had foolishly left the dumb phone able to hunt for the internet. The dumb phone found my other phone in my tank bag. This flashed a pop-up onto the dumb phone’s screen, telling me that it had discovered a wi-fi hot spot on my other phone and would I like to connect to it.

This pop-up message obscured most of the the dumb phone’s screen. More importantly perhaps, it seems can’t get rid of it until you stop and clear it manually.

Lesson 1. If you want to use a dumb phone without a SIM card, turn the internet off too.

Surely the dumb phone only found the your other phone because the other phone had its hotspot enabled. Turn off the hotspot and there's nothing to find.

tom

Ok until you queue in traffic and the dumb finds someone else’s hotspot! ;)

Surely the dumb phone only found the your other phone because the other phone had its hotspot enabled. Turn off the hotspot and there's nothing to find.

tom

One slightly annoying thing came to my attention.

I put an old iPhone with no SIM card into the cradle, intending to use it as a hub for the Connected app to run off. This worked fine except that I had foolishly left the dumb phone able to hunt for the internet. The dumb phone found my other phone in my tank bag. This flashed a pop-up onto the dumb phone’s screen, telling me that it had discovered a wi-fi hot spot on my other phone and would I like to connect to it.

This pop-up message obscured most of the the dumb phone’s screen. More importantly perhaps, it seems can’t get rid of it until you stop and clear it manually.

Lesson 1. If you want to use a dumb phone without a SIM card, turn the internet off too.

Case closed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom