France in May

Peteb

Reaction score
Anyone fancy a steady mooch around France and maybe Spain sometime in May ?? No big days,no set route,no worries !! happy to camp or whatever........ someone must fancy it !!

Would love to, but have my leave booked for last week in June, 1st week in July. I plan on exploring the German Hartz region and visiting the Berlin Motorrad Days.

From some experience of running this sort of thing for bods on UKGSer, many bods do like to know:

A. The dates, not least as many punters do need to book time of work and / or to ask SWMBO for permission.

B. Know where and when the crossing / return ports / rendezvous times will be.

Or just say…. As Steptoe did for the Trots and we did for the Turkey Dash…. Be at (insert place) at 09:00 on (insert time) on (insert date) and xxx xxx xxx for the return. Then just see who turns up.

Even the famous Moroccan Dashes had those two basics.

to support Wappings suggestion, I can do Monday 30th May 2022 - Friday 3rd June 2022...Work for you?

I am at a rally in France (https://www.bmwmoa-fc.com/inter ) leaving 25 th of May Portsmouth to St Malo and returning 30th of May, same route .

I wanted to stay longer but the blokes i am going with need to get back for work. I do not work , so i can stay on longer and can change my return passage .

Ive been thinking of going to (https://www.countrysideholidaysinfrance.co.uk/wp/ )for a few days to do a bit of tour round Brittanie.

Just to let you know that most of the blokes go to the rally on 1200s or 1250s modern bikes but a few of us will go on airheads , i will probibly use my R80 G/S PD

Let me know if you have any ideas/thoughts .

Regards steve

Has Peteb given up on this? Or is it the ultimate “No plan, I don’t do plans. Just turn up somewhere, sometime, you might be lucky” jaunt?

There I was, riding to work, when I turned left instead of right, and five hours later I found myself boarding a ferry to France. :D

From some experience of running this sort of thing for bods on UKGSer, many bods do like to know:

A. The dates, not least as many punters do need to book time of work and / or to ask SWMBO for permission.

B. Know where and when the crossing / return ports / rendezvous times will be.

Or just say…. As Steptoe did for the Trots and we did for the Turkey Dash…. Be at (insert place) at 09:00 on (insert time) on (insert date) and xxx xxx xxx for the return. Then just see who turns up.

Even the famous Moroccan Dashes had those two basics.

Blah blah blah.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah...
if you got nothing to add why don’t you stop hijacking his thread and let the spontaneous sort of people meet for few days out...:blast:blast
Just to add to your thread count, what a waste.

Even the OP can see some value in setting a date…..

Go on then lets set a date for a ride out for fish and chips...…… what about sunday March 8th ??? if we don't start with a date it'll never happen !!

Enjoy your jaunt with him, wandering albatross.

Steve,
I’m in Scotland over the dates you quote - returning 28th May, so can’t really make your dates. I too am retired and looking to do an extended trip abroad. Would you (or any other retired types for that matter) be interested in returning or setting off on an extended tour at a later date this year?

Good God, I cannot believe you remember me after soooo long. I feel welcome already, thank you.

Blah blah blah.:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah:blagblah...
if you got nothing to add why don’t you stop hijacking his thread and let the spontaneous sort of people meet for few days out...:blast:blast
Just to add to your thread count, what a waste.

He has a point though.

This is a dream (no planning) trip, my attributes are as follows...

1. I can use a satnav.
2. I can fill my bike with petrol.
3. I can drink beer.
4. Flexibility on time away no issue.

Have I passed the interview?

Back
Top Bottom