V85 TT GUARDIA D'ONORE

There are too two’s in that sentence and you made to mistakes :blast

But yes, life’s too short :D

Five days later…….

But yes, life’s 2 short. :beerjug:

By the way is there a limit on how many 2’s you can put in a sentence?

Is there a power increase as I remember you saying they are a bit underpowered.

Sadly not, I hear the new model is slightly down on BHP, but has more mid-rage torque which may make it nicer to ride. I have the older one (Euro4), and have ridden the newer Euro5 model, but could not tell the difference!

Sadly not, I hear the new model is slightly down on BHP, but has more mid-rage torque which may make it nicer to ride. I have the older one (Euro4), and have ridden the newer Euro5 model, but could not tell the difference!

Ok thanks. I had a sit on Wrinkleyowlie's and was very nice.

Just as MartinK says Chris, but I can feel a difference, power comes in earlier in the rev range. The only time it feels a little underpowered is overtaking and two up. I think what seduced me about the KTM was it's sheer grunt, it is a very very impressive bike alround. But, I do like to ride in a spirited fashion and to be honest riding the KTM in a spirited fashion is way beyond my capabilities. I can ride from my house to Thirsk on a V85 in a 'spirited fashion' and it feels exciting. I can do the same route at the same speeds on the KTM and it just feels as though it's bimbling along. Don't take me wrong I am not knocking the KTM in any way, it is a fabulous piece of kit. But when you're on a bike that will try to paw the air if you grab a handful of throttle at 90mph in 6th gear, that is a beast that needs to be kept well under control and at knocking on 67 I'm not sure I want that responsibility.

Would that be at Teasdales? I live near there and might pop down for a look myself…..I have been eyeing up a V85 as my next bike.

Yes Teasdales. They've just got one in, unfortunately it's ordered so I'll have to wait for the next one. It looks very nice.

Yes Teasdales. They've just got one in, unfortunately it's ordered so I'll have to wait for the next one. It looks very nice.

Thanks. I went that way around on my cycle ride this morning and took a look…as you say, very nice! I couldn’t help a sideways glance at the Macdonalds coloured one in the window on the way out though.😄

Just as MartinK says Chris, but I can feel a difference, power comes in earlier in the rev range. The only time it feels a little underpowered is overtaking and two up. I think what seduced me about the KTM was it's sheer grunt, it is a very very impressive bike alround. But, I do like to ride in a spirited fashion and to be honest riding the KTM in a spirited fashion is way beyond my capabilities. I can ride from my house to Thirsk on a V85 in a 'spirited fashion' and it feels exciting. I can do the same route at the same speeds on the KTM and it just feels as though it's bimbling along. Don't take me wrong I am not knocking the KTM in any way, it is a fabulous piece of kit. But when you're on a bike that will try to paw the air if you grab a handful of throttle at 90mph in 6th gear, that is a beast that needs to be kept well under control and at knocking on 67 I'm not sure I want that responsibility.

Try riding it in Sport mode....certainly spices up the performance and it feels a lot more responsive to the normal road mode - makes a big difference when you're two up.

Cancelled the Guardia D'onore and ordered a Centario. There's an extra £750 off V85's until the end of may which doesn't include the Guardia. That's a difference of £1850 even if you add the extras that the Guardia has to the Centario it's still £1500. And a bit more cash to put into the V100 Mandelo fund.

Cancelled the Guardia D'onore and ordered a Centario. There's an extra £750 off V85's until the end of may which doesn't include the Guardia. That's a difference of £1850 even if you add the extras that the Guardia has to the Centario it's still £1500. And a bit more cash to put into the V100 Mandelo fund.

Good logic also IMHO is the added bonus that even people who are not aware of the MG history can appreciate the good looks and contrasts of the Centario whereas said unaware people would see the Guardia as a black bike with a white stripe.

Enjoy

. And a bit more cash to put into the V100 Mandelo fund.

If they ever hit the showroom floor....I don’t do Facebook but I’m on Instagram and all the same bloody photos of this bike keep getting posted by MG and then reposted by loads of the fan pages and custom/cafe channels.... I wish they just release the bike !

If they ever hit the showroom floor....I don’t do Facebook but I’m on Instagram and all the same bloody photos of this bike keep getting posted by MG and then reposted by loads of the fan pages and custom/cafe channels.... I wish they just release the bike !

Due to come into UK showrooms in September.

Back
Top Bottom