New ATM fees in France - Credit Agricole

But why ?
I’ve not used cash in France for years….

I rarely use cash when travelling solo but when in a group, it can be easier to pay the restaurant bill in cash when you just have a single bill and divide equally.

But why ?
I’ve not used cash in France for years….

I like to carry at least 100 Euros incase I get pulled over for speeding.

Last time this happened I was on my way to the ferry so had spent all my cash so the very polite police officer showed me where he was hiding, took my passport and driving licence, described where the nearest cash machine was then told me that when I returned with 90 Euros he would return my passport and driving license.

I was only a couple of KPH over the limit.

Having some cash to hand is always handy, though Sweden (where I hadn’t been for two years due to Covid restrictions) has become all but cashless in my absence. What though they did seem to be amazed by me using my phone (Apple Pay) as they stick with using contactless cards.

Cash, as Wessie says, is good for whips to pay for coffees and meals. It’s also good in an emergency, like paying for a rural taxi, if your motorcycle grinds to a halt….. and paying-off coppers, of course, as SteveC10 observed.

And as any self respecting Tilley Hat owner will know, it’s obligatory to have at least £20 (or local equivalent) stashed in the “secret compartment”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought you paid to withdraw cash out of ATM’s in Europe anyway.

And as any self respecting Tilley Hat owner will know, it’s obligatory to have at least £20 (or local equivalent) stashed in the “secret compartment”.

Secret compartment?
I bought a Tilley hat a couple of months ago.
Secret compartment you say?

I like the bit in the Instruction Manual re. the lifetime guarantee:

"Keep this warranty in a safe place - hide it in the bottom left hand corner of your sock drawer and when you need to make a claim and can't remember where it is, email us and we'll tell you."

In various countries, UK included, cash machines will often offer you a conversion rate and ask if you want to accept it or choose to be charged by your bank

The conversion rate is invariably shite, always refuse and choose to be charged by your bank, it will cost less

Some banks have international networks where you won’t pay fees, HSBC for example

Barkleys are the same group as BNP Paribas in France and Scotiabank in Canada, so no cash point charges if you withdraw in one of their banks

There may be others

Bad men monitor this site and will now steal your hat and the hats of others.

Very irresponsible.

Bad men monitor this site and will now steal your hat and the hats of others.

Very irresponsible.

Reminds me of that poem:

The common cormorant (or shag)
Lays its eggs in a paper bag ...
The reason you will see, no doubt,
is to keep the lightning out.

But what these unobservant birds have failed to notice

Is that herds of wandering bears

With buns

Will come, and steal the bags to hold the crumbs.

Ooh yes, thanks.

My hat didn't come with:
A) £20 or equivalent in any currency,
B) A little plastic bag to keep the money in
or
C) Any instructions relating to sock drawers.
To whom do I complain?

Ooh yes, thanks.

My hat didn't come with:
A) £20 or equivalent in any currency,
B) A little plastic bag to keep the money in
or
C) Any instructions relating to sock drawers.
To whom do I complain?

They said Tilley not Irish Tinker. :aidan

You can reverse the bus.

Back
Top Bottom